Author Topic: Williams Indiana Jones The Adventure Restoration  (Read 3547 times)

Offline turbo27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Headboard done!

One wet one dry.

Tried the dry method first, came out really well, no bubbles, just one small bump - forgot to clean the back of the decal (didn't follow Robs instructions  &^&). You need to go slow and precise, working from the middle outwards, but good results are certainly possible.

Just tried the wet, results, unfortunately got a small bubble, but having said that, it was my mistake and NOT the method. I found wet easier and far quicker, giving you time and allows for corrections to minor mistakes.

I cut back the backing paper and re-adhered. Set the decal in place with weights and clamp. Stuck one end down, but it was as I transitioned to pulling the remaining paper off I allowed the decal to catch before I sprayed the water and bugger me it was stuck. NEXT time spray water everywhere before you pull the paper back  ^^^. I reckon this should prevent the unintentional 'stick'

Trimmed with a medical scalpel and used a black permanent marker to colour the decal trimmed edges

Coin door maybe this afternoon, but will definitely be going 'wet'