Author Topic: Platinum Pinball - Licensed Collectable Merchandise  (Read 15670 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Platinum Pinball - Licensed Collectable Merchandise
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
I hope you are able to get licences for 60s/70s machines as well.  In my biased opinion, that period of pinball artwork would look great on a deck.  I would jump at anything with angular artwork on it (e.g. Christian Marche: Time Tunnel or Mariner).

So does this mean the whole 'photoshop' Vs 'hand drawn' discussion might soon migrate to skateboard art too? @.@

We were discussing these possibilities months ago. The sky is the limit. The second table is locked in and will be released before Christmas. Stu and Tim have made many trips from Geelong to Thomastown, and they have access to all my games to take as many pictures of artwork as possible. Licensing is an aspect of any artwork package. Obviously KISS, Playboy and superman would be massive sellers, but you can't just use the artwork without a third party agreement. There would be scope to have a poll at some stage to ascertain what people are interested in. Seriously - Woodrails to Sterns. "Rocket Ship" - "Walking Dead"..

Most of the 60's and 70's games would only require a quick email. The third party licenses can be worked on. I assume Fathom, Paragon, Medusa, Xenon etc would be fine. EMs - Old Chicago - no reason why that can't be done. Wizard and Captain Fantastic would require 3rd party licenses.

A lot of the licenses would be obtainable through Plantary Pinball. A quick email to Gottlieb LLC may lock in any GTB Title 9except maybe Rocky). So there's a lot to consider with the older games. Newer games won't be an issue through Planetary.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia