Author Topic: Tobbaco Tax Hike. W.T.F?  (Read 858 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Tobbaco Tax Hike. W.T.F?
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
They have taxed tobacco to death here in the US.

I'm not a smoker, but both my parents are. And my wife's Mom does, her Dad did, but he stopped when he had heart surgery and was told to stop by his doctors.

A carton of one brand was $50 the other day when I was waiting in line to pay for something at the corner gas station and looked up at the sign. That was one of the more expensive brands, but still, damn!

A lot of people from Indiana (my state) drive south to Kentucky a few times a year and stock up, as taxes are much lower there since Kentucky makes a large portion of the tobacco consumed in the US.

I'm not educated on the numbers, but I have heard the number of smokers has dropped.

It's also frowned upon heavily in the US society. Smoking is banned in my county with the exception of bars and 'private clubs' - and in some counties here, they've even banned it in bars!

its the same over here in Aus', no smoking indoors (pubs, clubs, resturants, shopping centers, etc.) Its even illegal to smoke in a car with children under 16 over here. but i do agree with the rules,
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)