Author Topic: bank a ball  (Read 169 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
bank a ball
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm after a good backglass for Gottlieb's 1965 'Bank A Ball'............. also, for the same machine, I'm looking for the plastic pool balls which appear in the head of the machine, when you get the corresponding targets. Any help with this will be really appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
Re: bank a ball
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »
these guys may do one soon...

http://shayarcadegroup.com/index.html

the price is US$295 plus shipping - never seen one of their repros however this may be an option if something doesn't turn up locally

as for the balls, pinball rescue may look to do these????

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:32:52 PM »
The backglass animation balls are near impossible to find (sorry Mark).

I was going to buy the one Retropin ended up with and sussed out all the 'big guns' for old EM parts in the US and had no luck.

Still I have seen the backglass balls on eBay US and I'm sure you have bought the first rate products the Shay Group produces, they don't offer this glass at present

Maybe try Pinball Rescue for the backglass?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
The balls ARE available, when i bought mine it came with a  full set of replacement balls. They are not as good quality as the originals though.
 I was told that they came from PBR.. might be worth checking with them via email... after all.. someone made mine!

Let me know if you need anything else for this machine.. i need to get new armatures made for the balls in the BG, the original plastic ones are cracked etc. These will be CNC routed from sheet aluminium and the cost for an extra set is minimal as im paying for materials and time on the router.

,.. i also have spare plastics... but no BG im afraid.

Is this the bank A ball thats been on Ebay a lot?

Offline classicpinballs.co.uk

• Forum Posts:
  • Kent, England
    • Classic Pinballs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »
I've got one of these, one of my favourite games. Mine has a new repro-backglass in it that came from Shay, I can vouch for their work, its fine. Ron Webb recently ran a batch of backglasses too, though they quickly sold out.

As for the drop down balls, they are the proverbial Hen's teeth to obtain. PBR dont do them, and when I spoke to Steve some time back about the possibility of him doing them, he said that because it was such a unique part the tooling costs would not warrant them being done.

I managed to buy a full set from a Guy in the US a years or so ago, they cost me $12.00 us per ball!!! [and import duty too ^.^]

A good project for Pin Rescue!!!  :D

Hi everyone, I'm after a good backglass for Gottlieb's 1965 'Bank A Ball'............. also, for the same machine, I'm looking for the plastic pool balls which appear in the head of the machine, when you get the corresponding targets. Any help with this will be really appreciated. Thanks, Mark