Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6397 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
This project is still progressing, haven't spent a lot of time on it lately as flat out with work, but am enjoying it when i get to do some.

I fitted the drawbridge out with all the switches and optos etc, so it is fully functioning now (just need to wire switch matrix). It was a bit of fun getting the blade switches adjusted at the correct angle (and length of blade), as well as mounting them the right spacing away from the mounting plate - if they are too close, the arm will not actuate the switches. I couldn't get the right length screws, normal ones are too short - so the next best was to get ones that are 40mm long, and cut them down - being careful not to destroy the thread at the cut. I also had to trim down the castle entrance protectors as the long one in front of the drawbridge didn't allow it to open fully - cut a slot around the hinge area, and all good.

Close up of the switches mounted and ready to wire

I am always finding parts that i need to order along the way - things like this bracket which goes on the right loop.

Am also finding its not as easy as just getting the bracket - of course the switches i have don't quite have a long enough blade, then you need to make sure you have the insulating paper and screws - then of course i don't have the little rectangle threaded plate that the screws go into!  All part of the fun!

So after a bit of mucking around with hardware, i got keen and mounted the castle bits on to make it look a bit more complete that it was. As previously mentioned, all the GI is wired up, and i am very happy that the lamp matrix worked perfectly the first time i tested it!  So some pics with the castle and drawbridge and lamp matrix and GI!!