Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6397 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
Rob, u are one talented man ! Your workmanship and abilities never cease to amaze.
It seems that there is absolutely nothing you can't do when it comes to a pinball machine. Amazing talents I wish I had the patience for.

A quick question. What do u think this whole project is going to owe you by the time you are finished.??

Are u using LEDs or std can descent bulbs under the playfield and general illumination ?
Also, have you done the MM cabinet decals yet ? I didn't look at the pictures closely enough and wondered about the translite etc etc. ?

Are there any parts u haven't been able to find and purchase you are worried about or is all good ?

Last question, what's a rough estimate of when u think u might be finished by ?

I am assuming that this project will come well under $$ what the MM remake out of Stern is going to cost ?

Anyway, amazing work as usual and I also noticed u have some very nice titles in your photos.  ^^^

Thanks Brett - dunno about the first comments on talent- i just find it good fun, i reckon a lot of people on AP could achieve this with a bit of patience!

In terms of cost - not 100%, but would be surprised if i got out of it for less than $8500 - that could be plus or minus $2k for others depending on how/when they sourced parts and if they chose to make some things themselves.  Ohhh, and the countless hours that have gone into it so far!!

All LEDs for me

Will do the cab last - i don't want to mark a nice new cab when i am working on it so much. Prob would be easier in the rotisserie, but is nice to be able to test in the machine as i go along

Got decals, translite etc - the one thing i haven't got are the wireforms - if anyone has a set, let me know (even if someone had spares i could use as a template to build?).  I know some people are selling them, but price is pretty high and apparently quality is average.  If need be, i will try and make them. A mate of mine just completed a conversion (using a gutted WCS cab) and he made the wireforms and did a fantastic job.

In terms of time - not setting a goal - i'm enjoying the journey, so really don't care if it is still going in 12 or 18 months.