Author Topic: Camera & monitor for fun  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Camera & monitor for fun
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
the easiest way to achieve this for home use if you dont have a decent video camera, is to go for a webcam (but good quality)

The problem with colour cameras, is that most on the market are not designed for low light and perform not so well when lights are turned off.
Thats where u need to find a camera which has a low lux rating, and a high TVL rating.(Lux is the allowable light the camera will work in, and the TVL is basically the quality of picture lines or clarity of camera output to a viewable screen) BUT you will still have to use some background lighting, or the camera will revert to a black/white view due to very low light.

For general lighting, u shld be able to find a decent webcam which has a O.00 LUX and look for something 450TVL or up to 650TVL. 650 preferrably.
You can view/plug the webcam into your computer, and then share easily. OR muck around with a video camera and do the same thing. The only problem will be mounting, but a tri-pod affixed to the top of the headbox will be a option for those willing to go to the hassle.

If anyone makes the effort, share the video on the forum if u can.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !