Author Topic: PARTY ZONE DJ HEAD  (Read 142 times)

Offline Red Series 3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
PARTY ZONE DJ HEAD
« on: October 31, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »
Hi guys I've been working on a Party Zone that a friends brother in law has had since 1993. I've gone over most of the game. Removed all the boards repaired burnt out plugs. Stripped playfield, cleaned and polished replaced all the broken posts, re-rubbered, new bulbs. I've cleaned all the coils and replaced worn or broken coil sleeves. The thing was a mess so now it works and plays well. But...

The dj head comes up with a malfunction. In the head test it will function fine until it moves left then it throws an error. I removed the opto board from below the assemply and tested it with a card all the optos function perfectly. If i go into the head test and manually test each position it will function fine.
With the playfield raised i went into the head test and noticed that the opto interrupter plate was slipping when the head went into the moving left action it would go to the left then keep turning the plate about 5 mm but this is what is causing the plate to stop interrupting the opto.

I just wanted to see if anybody has had this problem before and found a way to fix it. I thought i may be able to wedge something in between the plate and the shaft and stop the movement or araldite it in place.

All help is appreciated

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Re: PARTY ZONE DJ HEAD
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
S**t sorry mate - didn't see this.

The position of the opto "interrupter" plate on the shaft is stupidly critical. If the plate can rotate on the shaft - the thing will hang up full-left. I could get 2 or three games before it would die - resetting the machine would make it work again.

I glued mine on the shaft while holding it in the right position (think I went counter-clockwise as far as it would go) - has worked ever since.

Hope that makes sense.
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...