Author Topic: PENNY ARCADE PHOTOS  (Read 5766 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PENNY ARCADE PHOTOS
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
Aahhh nice,

well that 'seems' to be the game i played a lot, and wanted to replicate in recent years....

However, the one i played wasn't painted like yours, i think it was a plain sheet of glass on the front (unpainted).
and a few golf balls/flags and guy tee'ing off were painted onto the wood, not the glass.
(i remember even back in the 80's analysing the game structure, and if i could build one up at tech school).

From memory, the playfield was an overall green playfield, with perhaps a slightly darker (olive) green in the coin paths.
It looked (at the time) to simply be a matter of laying small curved ply pieces onto a thicker backboard, the thickness of the ply was enough of an edge for the coin to roll along.
This would have been far easier than trying to cut out the paths with a router.  *%*

Other than colouring, it certainly seems to be the same, coin slot on top-right, small groove to catch your coin at bottom, nothing fancy like a catchment cup etc.
I think the levers on the side were brass? and maybe 'cast' pieces, or flat plates with a lip on them?

Thanx for the pic.
Definately a 2009 project on my list...  :lol

MM.