Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »
Couldnt agree more - great write up and poses many questions.

How much is a pin worth??

FACT: Most 50's pins dont get floated around the general market, these are sold to those who express interest in them.
BCW had a load of 30's and 40's games in. The asking price on these was ridiculous. Rob had no idea of their worth but wished to squeeze top $$ out of them - $2000 for a flipperless 30's game is way out of the market.
These could ALL have sold at the right price - around 500 - 800 a piece dependant on title and quality.
later models say $1000 a piece. Between Tony and myself, we could have pretty much cleared 75% of the shipment. I KNOW how much these were bought for and where they came from and it wasnt Europe.

Asking someone what they paid for their project 1965 GTB is like getting blood out of a stone, but they are not as cheap as the $400 or so mentioned - fully working...$2000? But once again - dont expect to see it on Ebay, will be snapped up way before then...mates rates?? $1500 - $1800.

I dont mind paying top $$ for a very rare title and thats non working, i just got offered 2.5 times what i paid for a Wms 1951 game and i turned it down - money aint the issue, game and title are.

So what would i be prepared to pay for  a DD?

Well, id never buy it working as it would be too dear for me, i also wouldnt buy it with all the boards missing as the price difference between having boards and all missing is not what the boards would cost me - so unworking??

I dunno.... maybe into 3 figures though