Author Topic: CFTBL - apparently it has a 3rd flipper ( credit dot )  (Read 196 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
CFTBL - apparently it has a 3rd flipper ( credit dot )
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
Ok - whats going on here then  !@#

I turn CFTBL on today and see a credit dot - which is unusual.
I go into TEST REPORT and I get the message to check the upper left flipper switch  :wtf:    *!@    :wtf:

Turned game off / on and it remained.
NO affect on gameplay.

A few hours later tonight I turn game on and NO credit dot.

This also happened a few weekends back.

#@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Interesting .
Just had a look at the manual and J905 pin 5 is Upper Left Flipper Opto and J906 pin 5 is upper left flipper EOS (these are part of the Flipper grounded switches)  (page 3-2 in Game wiring and schematics section)

I know Creech is a 2 flipper game but the boardset and loom is common to a number of games .. so maybe you have an intermittent short somewhere in the loom causing this error ??? 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Opto boards have two optos. Even though both are not used, they can report errors.

If it is intermittent, it could be the optos on the left flipper. Just clean the optos and it might fix the problem. If it was occurring all the time then check the connector or replace the opto. You can cheat by soldering wires across both optos at the connector (solder side of the board).
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
If cleaning doesn't correct it then swap the opto boards with each other - left with right and right with left and see if the problem moves with the board swap (upper right flipper instead of upper left flipper error).

This will tell you whether the fault lies with the opto board itself or further up the line (connector problems, crossed/broken wire).

Offline casperthefriendly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Wouldn't the upper flipper optos be used to enter high scores and change the roll over lanes in CFTBL?

Don't have a CFTBL myself, but I know on a mate's WCS94 (2 flippers), the 2nd optos are used to move the lit roll over lanes and for the high score entry.

The WCS94 would only register the 2nd opto if you pounded the button, so that during a game the button wouldn't get pressed hard enough to trigger the 2nd opto and after a few games, the machine would decide that it was broken and chuck a credit dot. You could clear the dot everytime by pounding the button.

Fixed by carefully bending the opto interupter a little so it cleared the 2nd opto.