Author Topic: Steve Youngs The Pinball Resource  (Read 857 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Steve Youngs The Pinball Resource
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
Have never been asked for an end account number - just need to ask for an International Money Order at the Post Office and they will write the payee as "Pinball Resource" Have done this a couple of times now and have not had a problem.

Regards,
Tony

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »
hmmm weird cause i asked exactly for that and she pulled out a Western Union slip. Oh man this is proving to be too difficult!!

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »
Just try a different post office. You will get a yellow slip as your copy that states "International Money Order". The cheque they use is Western Union but you don't need an account number - only do that if you are sending money to Nigeria!

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
 :lol will try another post office and will just ask for an international money order.. Will see how i go

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
The reason would be is that they don't get asked for them that much. I think what she pulled out IS what you need, they are 215mm x 85mm and there are 3 layers. The top piece of paper is light brown and white and the 2 receipts under - one is blue and one is yellow. You keep the yellow bit of paper and the PO keeps the blue. You send off the top piece of paper. You ask for X amount of US$ and they convert and add a commission of AUS$8.65.

They then fill in the first line: To the order off - Pinball Recource
The second line reads: Sender's name and addrress - Rob Gulfstream, 123 Fake Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia

I just checked the last receipt just sent to PBR and it clearly stated across the top INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER. Along the bottom left reads 'Western Union Money Order is a service mark of Western Union Financial Services'

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »
Maybe she was pulling out the Western Union "moneygram" sort of thing- you'd need an account number for that.

Tell them you want a Western Union **money order**. I've done this a dozen times, looks like you just scored a dodo is all.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »

Strange - As long as you ask for an "International money Order" you will be fine..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
I think i just got a dud working behind the counter. Will try elsewhere i guess  !@#. I wish he accepted credit card  !!!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
I think i just got a dud working behind the counter. Will try elsewhere i guess  !@#. I wish he accepted credit card  !!!

I asked Donal Murphy who makes alot of his reproduction parts why PBR doesn't accept credit cards a few years ago when he was in Sydney. Donal said if they go down that path they would need to rise their prices slightly and they don't want to do that.