Author Topic: I need help! My name is Dean Morgan and Im an addicted to PIN  (Read 784 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
I need help! My name is Dean Morgan and Im an addicted to PIN
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:17:26 PM »
Ok having just got Asteroid Annie & the Aliens <.> a few weeks back and Countdown a few weeks before that <.> I am now read for more pinballs.

I cant get enough, Im suffering withdrawls, were will I put more? Is this gunna get me divorced?? HELP #*#

Think I will end up with hundreds before I die the way Im going.  IS THIS MAD, AM I FUC**NG CRAZY.

:lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Welcome to the club mate

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Perhaps if you run out of money it will help... so buy a real expensive one

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Dean,

Being serious - pinball collectors are just like herion addicts - they just keep looking for their next hit.

Mate I have been a 'pinball junkie' for THIRTY ONE f**kING YEARS and still get the buzz and the hit when I pick up a new game.

Also the more you get the more you want.....

Was out in the gamesroom tonight, had the music pumping (Motley Crue, Alice Cooper and Metallica) and just put together a new order from PBR, started ANOTHER rebuild, drunk some beers and it still gives me the kick it did all those years ago.

So to answer your question - mate your f**ked  :lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
LOL- Tony, i know about your addiction - this year you put me to shame and i had a BUMPER year for pinball expansion!

My games room is full, as is the garage. i now have 2 pins in the front room - for this to happen the dining table had to go. I still reckon i could fit 4 more in the front room before i start to look at the spare bedroom. After that, its my bedroom.

There is so much furniture that doesnt get used - all is a waste of pinball space.

But thats only the machines.. what about the schematics, the spares, the flyers, the tool space to fix em...

...im not married by the way..

( not anymore that is)

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Dean,

Being serious - pinball collectors are just like herion addicts - they just keep looking for their next hit.

Mate I have been a 'pinball junkie' for THIRTY ONE f**kING YEARS and still get the buzz and the hit when I pick up a new game.

Also the more you get the more you want.....

Was out in the gamesroom tonight, had the music pumping (Motley Crue, Alice Cooper and Metallica) and just put together a new order from PBR, started ANOTHER rebuild, drunk some beers and it still gives me the kick it did all those years ago.

So to answer your question - mate your f**ked  :lol

Youre right, I have had machines since my early teens and never out grown it.  I love being f**ked, ove the hit when you get a new one, love fixing em, playing em *)* *%* Love everything about em.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I feel everyone's pain... and it NEVER ceases.. It will get worse, and you can always blame other collectors..

I feel like I'm a Pinball Conservationist.. I HATE seeing Pinballs "go to waste" in people's garage's etc... I LOVE taking the machines out of neglected households and working on them...

It is an addiction.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic

I feel everyone's pain... and it NEVER ceases.. It will get worse, and you can always blame other collectors..

Yep next time the misses is complaning I will show her this site and the photos of the project pins lined up in your gargae Nino , she will be happy with me then :lol

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Between you and I Dean, we own almost 1% of the **total build run** of Asteroid Annie... Who knows how many are left - we might have 2% or more of the surviving games!!!

I guess that means we must be addicts to have gathered such a measurable percentage of the whole run of a particular game! :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Well i guess im not a "collector" in the true sense of the word, as i'm not actively looking for more machines. That is especially true when you consider that in 20 years that i've been into pinballs i only have 12 machines! Having said that though, anything that comes my way thats a little bit interesting (and the right price) i'll have it, and there are several games i would love to own.

Im sure many of you can relate when i say i can always find somewhere to put "just one more"! As it is now i have 11 in my garage (can still JUST get my car in there %.%) and one in my lounge room, my home made "Vortex" machine, which i will post pics of soon, though it will be moved to a new home in the not too distant future.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:20:59 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Yep next time the misses is complaning I will show her this site and the photos of the project pins lined up in your gargae Nino , she will be happy with me then :lol

Most pictures I post here are only HALF the garage...  %$%

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Gotta love late-night pinball - just topped both the Dirty Harry and the Mousin' Around, one game on each, straight after the other.

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Between you and I Dean, we own almost 1% of the **total build run** of Asteroid Annie... Who knows how many are left - we might have 2% or more of the surviving games!!!

I guess that means we must be addicts to have gathered such a measurable percentage of the whole run of a particular game! :)

YEP, We must start the Asteroid Annie owners club *%* We can have meets with all the members a few times a year.  There will be just the two of us invited, it will be a blast :lol

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

Dean you are a very very sick man ...  I will be over soon with a truck and take them all away from you
this will help you back to normality   and give me some working pins for sale    %$%

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Mark, thanks soo much for taking my best intrests too heart,  this is why youre one of the good guys in the industry, never think about your needs only those of others :lol

Bet your just after my ROCKY backglass :lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:03:03 PM by Dean Morgan »