Author Topic: Pinballs next generation  (Read 235 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: Pinballs next generation
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »
I have three kids, a son 18 and two daughters 16 & 13.  We have always had Pinballs since the kids were young.  The middle child enjoys a game on the newer DMDs that I have but recons my 70s & 80s are boring.  The other two rarely play, the youngest will occasionly when her freinds are over, the eldest vertually never.

They all love the video games and we have 2 X Boxes, 1 X Box 360 and Nintendo WII.  Hard 2 get them off the WII.

I belive a lot of the value in Pinball is the Nostolgia.  I love them partly becouse of the memories of playing them so much as a kid.  As I grow older I now appreciate them as a piece of Art.  The colours and artwork are amazing and I get a real buzz restoring them bith electricly, mechanicly and astheticly.

I think the collectibility of pins will decrease dramaticly and it will only be Pinballs of very high standard (condition) that will remain collectable.  There are a lot of Pins that I would say are in average condition only and I can see these being worth little in the next 20 years.  I certainly hope it doesnt happen but I can see my kids when there older collecting little pieces of their past, such as old gaming consoles (todays consoles).

Hope my kids show some intrest and maybe keep some of my collection when I am gone but cant see it happening at this stage.  Maybe when they mature this will change and they will see them for the beautifull piece of art that I do. %$%
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock