Author Topic: Price check on HO scale model train set anyon have any ideas?  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Daniel,

Check with the hobbyists you will be surprised at what is may be worth to someone. A few years back I went to a home in Werribee and the guy had a similar setup in his double garage and it was unbelievable! It looked exactly like a real scene, cars, houses, hills, it really was spectacular and he even had holes in the garage walls where the Loco's would venture out around some of his backyard as well. Like Brett mentioned, he took me in the house and had brand ne Locomotives in boxes some worth over $1500 that were imported from O/S. So ask around and you may do yourself and your grandfather proud!

Brett

I thought their were heaps of guys with opinions on this one.lol
I went into a proper train hobby shop for the first time I my life two weeks ago to buy some stuff for my acdc super mods I have been thinking about for the last month . That's when I found out how expensive this stuff was and how train stuff is only available as very expensive or just junk. People in the shop were buying locomotives for over $800 each. I went a bit overboard for some mods but its good quality stuff . Does anyone want to see the photos of what I got if ya don't believe me.

Is there nothing you are not into or know about or have an opinion on?? LOL

Quote  "just purchased some of this stuff, and let me tell you, it is all VERY VERY VERY expensive. And if some of it is older, it can be worth alot MORE than some of the brand new stuff because its all highly coolectable and worth big big big bucks."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:06:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !