Author Topic: Fish Tales - Topper parts  (Read 455 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Fish Tales - Topper parts
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »
Thanks Marty,

I am after a project pin, so the one you mentioned might be a bit too good for what I am after.

I have noticed that there have been quite a few Fish Tales on eBay / Gumtree of late - and many of them are missing either the topper, the metal reel (shooter) handle or both, and they have all been > $3500. Nicer examples are up above the $4000 mark.

I know the market changes, and worth is determined by what buyers are willing to pay, but what's the current thinking for a 'super dooper' price for a project Fish Tales? I have an idea of what I think is a fair price in today's market, but I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Andy

I used to love a good project, but if you do it properly quite often is cheaper in the long run to get a complete / good machine (if and only if you know the history of it).
For a Fish Tales its gotta have the Topper and shooter rod handle to begin with.  Plastics and cab art is normal to replace ($500+ there, not including paint or labour on the cab).
If the playfield is worn around the tackle box or insert wear around fish (common), then depending on how nice you want it can be a touchup / clear or a repro playfield.
Ramp - sometimes broken , sometimes not.

I think if you can get a project one at the right price (in my view with topper and shooter handle) for say less than $1850.00 then by the time you spend $1000 to $1500 on it puts it in the nice / keeper status.

Its a great fun game and funny.  I miss mine lots.