Author Topic: Australian Pinball Expo 2014  (Read 12614 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Australian Pinball Expo 2014
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »

Forum wars. Lol. Who cares. What's the point.

Exactly. The event was organised by members of Aussie Arcade, and if a decision was made to confine sales until recently to via that forum, then that is their prerogative. In my opinion these events should be used to foster relationships both at individual and forum level. However, some people have strong alternative views, and that is what it is.

If I had stumped up my own hard earned to stage this event, then no way would I be making it exclusive .

You would think so, but as the organisers are not members here, there was no reason we should have expected to have seen anything posted here, unless the organisers decided to contact Strangeways or me to post information, or joined for the purpose of that etc - we would have been happy to have set up a devoted section to this like we did for similar events previously.

However, that would not have worked because of the decision to not allow general public sales until a few weeks ago, so  tickets would not have been available to AP members.

As Strangeways noted earlier, when he was contacted by Michael our main concern was that we could not really do much until tickets would be available.

Far as I know, tickets have been available for purchase on the event website for several weeks at least .

That's right - since 27 October I think. But bear in mind that we are talking a couple of weeks available to the general public after many months of being only available to members elsewhere.

Now that general public tickets are available, I hope many get to enjoy the event.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”