Author Topic: Nitro Groundshaker sound roms available?  (Read 666 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Nitro Groundshaker sound roms available?
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
Hi folks.
Got my brother's Nitro Groundshaker running today, but it has a Space Invaders sound rom instead of NGS, so of course it's not giving the intended pinball experience.

Going to try to reach J. Wart too, but I also have a way to burn this locally I think. However I need the ROM image. IPDB has the ROMs for all the games before & after NGS, but only the PinMAME images for NGS. Figures...
Will those ROM images work, i.e. the same thing? or are they modified from the original rom image in some way that might cause functionality problems?

Actually IF the PinMAME image would work but edited to have the added benefit of turning off the annoying attract mode sound I've heard so much about, I would prefer that, but since it's going into my brother's house and not mine that's not as big a priority as it would otherwise be.
<.>

If you can advise, please let me know one way or the other about this issue so I can get this good-looking but bulky box out of my living room pretty soon.

Thanks
Vince
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Nitro Groundshaker sound roms available?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »
Email me Vinito!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:28:02 AM »
Thank you muchly sir.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »
You are welcome. But I will be collecting that beer!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »
Without the sound ROM unfortunately which is what Vinito was after.

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »
Without the sound ROM unfortunately which is what Vinito was after.

Umm downloaded the rom image and it has the sound rom  *%*

776-15_4.716 - U4 for AS-2518-51 Sound Module

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
Ummm fair enough, just going off what Vinito said as those ROM asre th same as IPDB I think

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
Ummm fair enough, just going off what Vinito said as those ROM asre th same as IPDB I think

Pinmame roms are on IPDB, the sound rom is still in the pinmame set it just doesn't have a readme file to explain what rom is what.

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
Yea! Thanks for the link. I bookmarked that site. Man I searched for over an hour yesterday and couldn't come up with much. One obstacle was that I was not looking at all for Williams stuff since it's an older Bally game. First mistake I guess.

So what's the word on those pinmame roms? Are they basically just the same as the actual game roms or are they different in some way? I had the rom image number (from Clay's guide) so could have picked the correct image, but I wasn't sure if the pinmame & original rom images were the same thing. I just assumed they were different since they are listed separately on the IPDB for most games.

Thanks for the help. Beers for everybody! Drop by the house any time. %)%

Tomorrow's the big day. My buddy is coming by with his old EPROM programmer (software is on a 5-1/4" floppy), eraser and a bunch of old chips. Says he hasn't used it for years and I can have it if I want it. Might be useful for some of this pinball stuff. I'll see if we have some success first, but that seemed pretty cool to me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:04:11 PM by vinito »