Author Topic: Pics of my Rock duo  (Read 513 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Pics of my Rock duo
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
G'day all.. After seeing Spurr's pics of his band i thought i'd post a few of my own duo. These pics are from a new years eve gig from a couple of years ago, and are some of the better ones i could find.

Thats me in the white shirt on the right. We use sequenced backings for our drums, bass etc.. not as good as REAL drums and bass i know but it gives us a LOT more sounds to use, and a wider selection of music we can do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:40:26 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Pics of my Rock duo
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »
more pics

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »
and a few more

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »

Looks like great fun !

I'll tell you what - You would pass off as a Paul McCartney look-alike in a couple of pictures - -if you played bass !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 11:37:41 PM »
Thanks for the pic's Mitch. Ive always got a question,or 2, You have stacked 2 x Laney amps do you take one for extra back up?
Looks like a very professional stage setup, and I notice a slide pipe on your mic stand do you use it much through out the night.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »
Thanks for the pic's Mitch. Ive always got a question,or 2, You have stacked 2 x Laney amps do you take one for extra back up?
Looks like a very professional stage setup, and I notice a slide pipe on your mic stand do you use it much through out the night.

Yeah the second Laney amp head is there for backup only in case the other blows an output valve. They are both the same, AOR50 series 1 amps, from about '85 i think. I've been using the Laneys for about 15 years and have only had to use the backup amp about three or four times in that 15 years!! Both amps have been modified and souped up by me, and i won't use anything else to gig with *.*

I dont use the slide too much really, we only have a few songs in our set list that i use it for.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
Heres a couple more pics i just found from when we travelled out west to Walgett and Burren Junction for some gigs. These are at Burren Junction, after setting up the gear for the gig.

We set up the gear in such a way that we could get at the pinball and play it during our breaks, and that no one else could get to it :lol :lol
Also i must mention that this pin had issues, as do most pins you find on location these days, ie intermittent sound was the main one and i think a few coils weren't working... typical!!  ^.^

pinballist

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
Hey Mitch, thanks for sharing those pics.  The first thing that really impressed me was the large amount of gear you guys carry.
Good to see lots of Behringers.  I don't care that they're made in China, all I know is that every bit of Behringer gear I've ever owned and still own kicks arse at half the price of name brands.

So do you guys play to a sequencer or CD backing track?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »
We set up the gear in such a way that we could get at the pinball and play it during our breaks, and that no one else could get to it :lol :lol
Also i must mention that this pin had issues, as do most pins you find on location these days, ie intermittent sound was the main one and i think a few coils weren't working... typical!!  ^.^

At least it had cabinet protectors around the flipper buttons!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »
Hey Mitch, thanks for sharing those pics.  The first thing that really impressed me was the large amount of gear you guys carry.
Good to see lots of Behringers.  I don't care that they're made in China, all I know is that every bit of Behringer gear I've ever owned and still own kicks arse at half the price of name brands.

So do you guys play to a sequencer or CD backing track?

Yeah some people get scared when seeing the amount of gear we carry.. my guitar rig/guitars alone fill up my station wagon :lol :lol :lol

The only Behringer stuff we have now is in my guitar effects rack, a couple of Virtualizer Pro's that i use for delay/chorus fx. i dont use anything else and they're patched into the amps fx loop. All the PA gear belongs to my bandmate, Rick. The Behringer digital desk you can see part of in the last two pics is gone now.. A couple of channels shat themselves so he sold it. i've had no trouble at all with the Behringer units im using but i know others who have had trouble with Behringer stuff. My home recording studio setup is ALL behringer and Yamaha gear.

Yes we used sequenced backings, run from a laptop computer triggering the sounds out of a Yamaha QY300 sequencer in these pics but we are now using a Yamaha Motif rack mount sound module now for our sounds. Rick buys/downloads his backing midifiles from the net, most of mine for the songs i sing and play i program myself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:57:20 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »
Nice pics......... Only saw one patron though and he looks like he thinks he is ELVIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

%.% %.% %.%
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

pinballist

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
Not bad having Elvis as your groupie!!  @@*

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »
that was actually a WOMAN dressed as Elvis..  :lol :lol :lol :lol

And she kept hanging around the stage making a nuisance of herself and got in the way of the camera in those shots!
Elvis would NOT leave the building :lol :lol
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:14:11 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 12:06:35 PM »
Hey Mitch I ended up buying that banjo , paid $300 . Its a early make, very heavy has pearl inlay's, I'll take some pic's

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »
Hey Mitch I ended up buying that banjo , paid $300 . Its a early make, very heavy has pearl inlay's, I'll take some pic's

I think you got it for a pretty good price. I never got into banjo playing that much despite the fact that my father owns a few and plays them occasionally but he's primarily a steel guitar player. My older brother bought a couple of banjos and taught himself to play, and he goes pretty good on them considering he's not really a muso! I've dabbled a bit on them over the years, my brother gets discouraged everytime i pick one of HIS up and have a go on it, i cant understand why coz he can do more on them than i can :lol