Author Topic: The Australian AC/DC Pinball Championship (QLD State Final)  (Read 4296 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
I attended the AC/DC Pinball Championship held at Timezone in Surfers yesterday.

Big congrats to Replay Rob on wining the state finals, good luck for next weekend.

Have to say this event was very well organised, 25 odd pins on free play, very professional event. Timezone Surfers, AMD and Sony records done a awesome job running this, good overall turnout, all players got a prize and lots of media coverage, which is a good thing for the hobby going forward  $#$.

Highlights of the event for me included playing #75 AC/DC LTBR, TAF - Gold edition and a CV.

I managed to have a chat with Norbert from AMD, what a top bloke. All up it was a great way to spend a saturday arvo.  ()

I will upload some pics from the QLD finals.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Some more pics...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Some more pics...

I played X-Men pro as well. Cool game  ^^^

Norbert had set up a device that recognised your hand movement over the pf glass, so you could play without using the flipper buttons, very different and interactive, see the photo I took besides x -men.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
some more pics

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Congrats to Rob on winning the qld finals of the accadacca specctacculaa.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Plenty of media coverage of this event, rob was on ABC radio this morning.

See link....

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2012/12/queenslands-new-pinball-champion.html?site=brisbane&program=612_breakfast

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Local radio station Hot Tomato run this story before the event, rob is a local pinball celeb  %.%

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Carla is a hottie  &&

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Thanks guys, it was a great day, very tiring but great at the same time.

The event was very well set up and very well organised and a great location
with plenty of room to move. Some operators and private collectors donated
there machines on the day, nice work.

The other 5 finalists were a great bunch of guys, as are most pinheads. i think
we were all as nervous as each other. No warm up time, just get up there and play.

Wasnt much in the scores till I had a great ball on game 3 (73m) and got ahead.

End of the 4th round all the scores were acumulated and I had the highest, nerve racking stuff.

Nice trophy, ACDC pack, and goodie bag with vouchers and stuff. All competitors got a shirt and cap too.

A great day, credit to the organisers of the comp and TimeZone for hosting it. Cheers!

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
there will be a pinball story on the "Project" on ch10 tonight @ 6.30

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
there will be a pinball story on the "Project" on ch10 tonight @ 6.30

Nice one Rob!   #*# Just watched it, well done and good to hear your Mum enjoys a game too!

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
One proud Mum and a champion pinball player great combination! Well done Rob!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Congrats Rob, and great clip, nice for the public to see AC/DC so highlighted - guys - your game values just went through the roof!!  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

congrats, Rob ! Well done  ^^^

Thanks for sharing the photos. Seems like a MUCH better turnout and marketing than the Victorian comp.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia