Author Topic: Medieval Madness lives here!  (Read 256 times)

Offline furballx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Seven Hills (Sydney)
    • My other hobby
Medieval Madness lives here!
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »
I realised last nite (at Tony's meet) that I never posted my experiences buying my Medieval Madness pin on AP.  Well, pinball sites always need a story with a happy ending, so here it is.........

I convinced Mrs Furball to go to Jason (Knight76) and Karen's meet in November last year.  She had previously played a sited MM here in Sydney which was in TERRIBLE condition.  Even so, she reckoned it was a pretty good machine to play.  At the time of the meet I was looking to decide between a TOM , TAF and TZ.  I was pretty keen for her to give TOM a crack as it was high on my list.  While there she had a number of games on Jason's MM, which is a cracker of a machine.  On the way home I asked if she would be prepared to pay the price that Jason did to get a machine of that quality and I was amazed when she said she would.
Serious conversations ensued, and the next day I had a wanted ad posted looking for MM.

I was more than a little supprised when I recieved a PM from Tony at the Pinball Shed next day saying that he had a MM that he would sell me.   Five days later I was on a plane to Brisbane to have a look and negotiate a price.  This is where the good will started.  Acejas drove from the Gold Coast to Brivegas airport tp pick me up and drove me out to see the machine.  It is a 20min or so drive out to the Pinball Shed, so he saved me a hire car fee and a lot of grief.   Thanks again mate, you are a genuine nice guy.  I spent an hour or so going over the machine, manual in hand (already read cover to cover twice by this time), and did the sums.  With the work needed, the negotiated price would let me bring the machine in pretty much on my budget, so I fessed up the cash.  MM OWNED!  Met up with a few Qld mates for a beer afterwards just to christen the purchase.  It was a real bonus to see those blokes on the day, because they were some of the many people who helped me out with links, advice and details to help me make a decision on the cost to get it up to scratch. That was not where the goodwill stopped though.  Turned out Fair Dinkum Dan was in Brissy that weekend with the van and was driving home the next day (Sunday).  Like the champion that he is, Dan drove the pin to Sydney for me, and even went out of his way to deliver it to me at home after a full days driving.  Within 8 days of posting a want ad I had the pin I most wanted in my collection.

I am just about finished buying the parts I need for the restore, and should be starting in March.  At this point it is 100% fully working (albeit with a trashed PF-which I knew about before I flew up to Bris), has has a basic cleanup so it can be played in the interim and is ready to be restored.  I have sourced a restored PF in awesome nick, and built two PF rotiseries for the job.

So that's it, the way MM came to live at the Furball house
Dave

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:51:38 PM by furballx »
Do, or do not.  There is no try.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Medieval Madness lives here!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
Nice to read, once again how we can all pitch in and help each other out - good story - and congrats mate.

Now - U HAVE to post some pics of your machine and the restore  process and you simply MUST get your PF swap done before RB starts his BK playfield swap  - cause I know he is scared *)*
DW Drums rule !

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
excellent news mate! great to see the pinball spirit alive !! well done and gratz. +1 on the pics mate. Hows your hand by the way?

Offline furballx

• Forum Posts:
  • Seven Hills (Sydney)
    • My other hobby
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
The hand is coming along a treat Rob.  Only a piece about 1/4 the size of a 5c piece left to finish growing skin over.  The muscle is fleshing out too.  I have about 95% movement in the moring, and pretty much 100% by the time lunch rolls around and it has been streached out a little bit.  Scar reduction massage to come from the physio next, but all looks on track for a full recovery.  I have even use the circular saw that got me with success in the last few weeks  &&
Dave
Do, or do not.  There is no try.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
Dave, Looks like you have been rewarded with a great machine that you have put patience,time & dollars into it - The end result will be a machine you will take pride in playing and displaying for yourself and others.Dont forget some pics
Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
Man, that's dedication for ya.
Congrats Dave on your MM - go & save those Damsels now!

SC.

Offline hamish_nz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »
A great machine for a great guy
congrads mate

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
Congrats Dave and a great story . Good to see fellow members going out of their way to help each other out . MM is a perfect pin choice for you .

+1 to a restore thread ... and you should also start a thread on advice to get the missus' to agree to a new pin ..  ()

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:11 PM »
Yeah Dave you deserve the machine you want, after hearing your comments at Tony's last night about the hobby you are a true pin fan. Post some pics of your work.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI