Author Topic: Bally Bingo Cypress Gardens  (Read 14530 times)

Offline Austwide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
Re: Bally Bingo Cypress Gardens
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2016, 08:46:37 PM »
A bit of an update on the original Cypress gardens post.

After getting a BG off Daniel (DDSTOYS) I decided to go along with restoring the machine to original but keep the green playfield as thats how they were as I grew up and have almost no chance of finding an original one. I have considered the sticker ones from the UK, but decided against them budget Vrs need.
After replacing the front and rotted back and part of the side panels on the cabinet, I tried to find some original artwork. The head could be scrapped back to get a rough outline of the original artwork but the cabinet gave no clues other than what was behind the coin return and replay buttons. I found some pics on the net but none were square on. I made some stencils based on the pic measurements x the scale. I ended up with a cabinet that looks good sitting in the room but would fail any close inspection. I figure if I couldn't find how one should exactly be, no one is going to know.
I read in recent posts, that without money a stake, these are not real exciting to play. While that is a fair assessment and sometime I get a bit carried away playing them, but mainly play them to find faults to fix as that is where my fun is.
This one is missing a few parts, 8 step stepper, ball shooter, some playfield parts, trip bank relay armatures, extra step components, balls and more, but what is there all works now (maybe not tomorrow).
I came across a Carnival Queen ( I see a couple of you have one) which was almost complete during this work which did side track me, but that up and running only needing cosmetic work, so I getting back to this one.
I think I have attached a before and after cabinet shot, but when my laptop flew accross the room and ruined my hard drive I lost my restoration shots.
Thanks to you guys who gave some early advice.
Cheers Andy