Author Topic: Copyright Queries  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Re: Copyright Queries
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »
I think people are just stating facts, rather than being negative towards you.

Unfortunately the facts ARE negative.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 01:35:51 AM »
Do u guys know how to play poker ? If u do, read on.
You are wondering what certains peoples cards are or arent.There is only one way to find out.

If i produce something, and a certain party (or parties) dont want me to produce it, they will do one or two things.
Firstly, they will write to me and tell me to stop.The second thing is that they will make a claim that I am not entitled to produce the said item, and then they will claim that they are entitled to.etc.

Then I will ask them to prove to me (my legal people) that they have a lawful claim , In Australia, that I cannot produce the item, and i will ask them to prove that they can (or cannot).Legally.
You see, u can claim anything u want, but you have to prove to a magistrate that I have infringed somewhere/someway.
You also have to prove that you, the complainant, have your own legal rights to do it as well, or even to make a claim against me.

If i do a contract and say sell you, for a hundred grand,the legal rights to say market Motor Vehicle products, for say, one of the big 3 manufacturers, it doesnt mean it is legal or binding. I have to first prove to you, that i had the legal right to offer you a dealership for Ford to start off with, for example.

If u want to see what a certain unliked melbourne seller reckons he owns, start selling his products, then get your solicitor to make him prove legally that he can stop you.Your own solicitor will tell u real quick, if u can legally or not legally produce something at this point. In order for them to stop you playing your cards, they will have to show you theirs.

And thats where, it dies or doesnt. If u want to abide by the law, simply go that way.
The ARABS have a saying, "If u want to make me do something, make me".

If you want to stop me producing something, make me stop. Sometimes alot harder said, then done.
P.S- it wont cost me a cent for u to stop me, there are no damages unless i make something and then make a dollar off it, or stop u from making a dollar from it.You might get the cost for one items profit,if i sell it, and u might get a small amount for one solicitors letter.That is the legal advice I will go with, for now. Until then, its just all guessing and bluff.

The above post was very informative to me, thanks for taking the time to post.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 06:15:43 AM »
Caveman, i feel for you,the whole time you have said you were not doing this for money,just to help out some fellow members who might like to tidy up there pin's with somthing that they could'nt do for themselves,i don't know why people keep pushing that money was going to be made here??It seems that is all anyone is worried about,how much am i missing out on for an item that does not exist!
For me i don't really care if my pin has a scrape or dent here and there,pins were/are made to make money out on site,
Copyright,.....does this exist in china????,....  &&

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »
Caveman, i feel for you,the whole time you have said you were not doing this for money,just to help out some fellow members who might like to tidy up there pin's with somthing that they could'nt do for themselves,i don't know why people keep pushing that money was going to be made here??It seems that is all anyone is worried about,how much am i missing out on for an item that does not exist!
For me i don't really care if my pin has a scrape or dent here and there,pins were/are made to make money out on site,
Copyright,.....does this exist in china????,....  &&

It sure does and they are very BIG on cracking down on it. That might come as a surprise to some but it is true. The simple fact is that BIG bucks can be made by bootleggers so they keep doing it BUT the risks to them are high. In any case it's not China we are interested in here - even if things were made/printed there it is when they arrive and are made available HERE that the problem arises.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »
Homepin, be careful when quoting posts. You seem to be screwing up the quote tags so that your post looks like part of the post you are trying to quote. Your post needs to go in between these tags:

[ quote ] YOUR TEXT HERE [ /quote ]

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
What is the penalty for a person that purchases a "breach of copyright" item?  !@#

Matthew

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
Homepin, be careful when quoting posts. You seem to be screwing up the quote tags so that your post looks like part of the post you are trying to quote. Your post needs to go in between these tags:

Creech its a problem with the forum software, and it bugs me. Sometimes when you quote another post the flashing cursor appears inside the post you wanted to quote. I have had to go back and edit so many times because of this issue. I think this is more likely to happen when you quote a larger post.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 09:26:51 AM »
Caveman,  you have legal advice,  go with it.  There are items on ebay being offered for sale based on a replacement premise,  i.e you must send your old one in before we can send a new one.  Surely this is being done on a right of repair for something you own basis.  Good luck and keep us posted, even if by pm.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:28:30 AM by rads »

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »

Creech its a problem with the forum software, and it bugs me. Sometimes when you quote another post the flashing cursor appears inside the post you wanted to quote. I have had to go back and edit so many times because of this issue. I think this is more likely to happen when you quote a larger post.
Sorry but there is nothing wrong with the forum software. See I'm quoting your post here and I don't see the problem you just mentioned.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
What is the penalty for a person that purchases a "breach of copyright" item?  !@#

Matthew
**&

<.>

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »

Matthew

I don't think there would be any.  They would have to prove that you knowingly purchased said item.

Marty Machine

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »

Sorry but there is nothing wrong with the forum software. See I'm quoting your post here and I don't see the problem you just mentioned.

Users need to understand to scroll down past the quoted text BEFORE they start typing their additional comments...

see? this worked nicely.
Nothing wrong the the software.  #@#

MM. (off to the workshop to blame my tools......)  :lol

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »
It inserts the flashing cursor into the body of text being quoted, and it shouldnt do that. Its either my browser, or the board software. Not a big issue, but believe me it does happen, and thats probably the case with homepin. I have seen other guys posts appearing as one big quote blob as well.

Marty Machine

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »
For the record (if it helps anyone) i'm using firefox browser.

Besdies the browser, i wonder if the board software assumes media-decoding such as flashplayer and others are installed etc?

MM.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
I'm using IE8, if you click on quote, it doesn't have a cursor, and won't do anything if you start typing. Its up to you to click your mouse at the end of the last quote box, then stab the enter button a few times, then type in your reply.
I have never had a problem with it.