Author Topic: New to Aussie Pinball and thought I would say thanks for the help on the weekend  (Read 1371 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Welcome George,

HS2 is a great game....I've recently finished rebuilding mine.  I love the game and cheat mania in it (cheat modes in pinball is cool).

Glad you got it all sorted.

Offline bigdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
Welcome George. You'll find this place a great resource with top people.  %)%
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Congratulations on getting a HS2, great pin and one that is definitely on my wishlist. And welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are not too far away as I live in Greensborough and Nino is a few minutes drive from me.

As to the GPS side of things, you are not into Geocaching by any chance?

I am not personally into Geocaching myself, but all out uits support it, and the guys at our H/O are geocaching. I suppose I never had anyone who was into it here. I really should do more things like that considering I sell the gear.

Greensbourough is close by.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Hey guys, i am new to this this site and just got my first pinball last week. I bought getaway HS2 as I loved the game as a kid. I must admit I did not realise there was so much involved with Pinballs.

Anyway I had a minor issue with one of the ramp shots and thought I would try and fix the issue myself as I did not really want to bother the boys down at Childs too much, as I felt I was being a bit of pain and after a while actually doubted there was an issue. With some help from some people I came to the conclusion that there was no way I could fix it myself and put in a S.O.S call to childs on Friday. They had someone come out to me on saturday, I could not believe it. I was fortunate to find out he was extremely local, as in right around the corner from me and the machine was fixed with in an hour. Now I can enjoy the game even more. And it is always good to meet a fellow Kiss fan.

Thanks to all who helped out and I am sure I will need it again lol.

A little about me, my name is George and I live in the northen suburbs of Melb. I work for an outdoor/GPS company as their national sales manager so I tend to travel a lot throughout Aus, and always look forward coming home to chill playing my pin, arcade machine and Wii. I guess I am making up for lost time with my deprived childhood. So if anyone is into 4wd, outddors/GPS check out www.nextdestination.com.au and I can help anyone out dont hesitate to contact me as I am keen to return the help given to me.

Cheers

So what ended up being the problem George?  EOS or coil or something different?

Dodgy pop rivet on the blue steel. It was sticking out making the ball deviate.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
Wow, you are all a friendly bunch arent you. Its good to see so many peple united in their passions and common ground.

Nino, your the man.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hehe..  Nino to the rescue again!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:08:07 PM by MartyJ »

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Wow, you are all a friendly bunch arent you. Its good to see so many peple united in their passions and common ground.

Nino, your the man.

its only because  you are new .... just wait till they get to know you ... %$%

mark

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
 $.$ & Welcome George

Great title for your 1st machine
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

Nino, your the man.

its only because  you are new .... just wait till they get to know you ... %$%

mark

Now, now, be nice.