Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Bally Old Chicago Reconditioning

<< < (3/3)

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: goodolddays on November 22, 2017, 10:34:27 PM ---Shame it was not part of the plan to repaint the cab .. mine turned out really well using home made stencils
[size=78%] [/size]

--- End quote ---

The owner bought it from an Op Shop, sans the backglass. She wanted it restored as a player. So it is more a reconditioning task. The cab is badly faded, but it plays very well. Great player's game.

Strangeways:
Here is one of the "repairs" on the game. Totally unnecessary, the coin switches were cut and then rejoined and left hanging without any insulation. Accompanied with a hack on the score motor, this game was perpetually running ball after ball, without ever advancing to the next ball or player.

After sorting through the numerous hacks and "repairs", the game works well, and is a very good playing game for sure !

The rebuild of all the mechs, and returning the game to a 20c, 5 ball per game machine is completed.

I took these photos right before a massive Thunderstorm, so they are a little on the "dark" side.

The owner of the machine wanted the game mechanically rebuilt, and the playfield restored. No touch up work or clearcoat and the cabinet had to remain original. The backglass for this game was broken or missing (I can't remember), so it has the CPR backglass - which is stunning.

The game is currently being enjoyed in it's new home. Another Bally EM in a collection.

Brunswick Brawler:
Unfortunate that the owner didn't ask for the cabinet to be repainted.

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: Brunswick Brawler on November 28, 2017, 07:57:17 PM ---Unfortunate that the owner didn't ask for the cabinet to be repainted.

--- End quote ---

The machine was done on a budget. Certainly, we quoted the repaint, but the owner wanted it to be 100% original - even with the "Golden West" plaque left in place. The game is an excellent player. One of those games where it's playability is it's main attraction.

GORGAR 1:
Looks awesome Nino :) Golden West plaque! I wonder if that’s my old game from the very early 80’s :) Dad picked mine up from Golden West Amusements and it had the plaque-having said that they operated 1000’s of games lol it’s a fantastic EM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version