Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Bally Old Chicago Reconditioning

<< < (2/3) > >>

goodolddays:
Old Chicago is the only 4 player headbox I have rebuilt so far (back in 2011 ) and I still remember how much work all those score reels are !

Looking good Nino .. a lot of work, but a must do for sure .

Brunswick Brawler:
I believe a way to stop the crack on the board from continuing on is to drill a hole at the end of the crack.  (Though I don't believe that worked on the Liberty Bell in the USA).

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: goodolddays on November 07, 2017, 06:48:38 AM ---Old Chicago is the only 4 player headbox I have rebuilt so far (back in 2011 ) and I still remember how much work all those score reels are !

Looking good Nino .. a lot of work, but a must do for sure .

--- End quote ---

The hours that go into this kind of work are huge. I still enjoy doing it, so the return is not always only monetary. The machine plays perfectly. A true classic in both it's artwork and it's playability. I love playing Bally EMs. Terribly underrated.

Strangeways:
Oops... Headbox photo should be this one ;

Back on to the playfield - Some progress re assembling with new posts, plastic set rubbers, lane guides, pop bumper and drop target parts.

This area needed a different style minpost and also the metal guides were missing from the game.

Looking good !

CPR backglass is gorgeous..

Playtesting the game. Several DUMB repairs and "mods". Took a while to work through them..

Nearing the home stretch...

goodolddays:
Shame it was not part of the plan to repaint the cab .. mine turned out really well using home made stencils
[size=78%] [/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version