Author Topic: Ghostbuster Unboxing PG style  (Read 4100 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Ghostbuster Unboxing PG style
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »
Great photos, write up and review, Rob!

My Pro arrived last week and two days later, I was off on holidays for a week. No Ghostbusters time, but did get to play pinball on site around Melbourne. Yesterday was the first day where I really had time to play it. The game is so fast and BRUTAL. So many shots going straight down the middle with that sizeable flipper gap or side drains. I'm really going to have to start nudging. Game after game, quick ball times, but I kept hitting the start button. A voice inside my head would say "time is ticking away, you've got stuff to do today" and then I'd quickly hit start again....then it happened. The universe threw me a bone. I finally got past the first mode, then the second and then up to the third (from memory). One mode short of Stay Puft in the list of main modes. I was so happy. A big smile on my face (all by myself, alone with the pinballs). I'd seen some of the modes, got a few multiballs and experienced the cool dots (in red still, my only criticism of the machine). This is why I love the new breed of Stern machines. They cost a small fortune, but I know that I'll keep coming back again and again for more.

Last night I had a few friends over for a movie and the first bunch to play my Ghostbusters pinball. From a non-pinhead perspective, they loved the theme and look of it, but the game frustrated everyone. The ball shooting straight down the middle and side drains were a major annoyance. I said I also found it frustrating, but that's why I enjoyed it. I stepped up in the hope I could show everyone it was possible to have an enjoyable game on it. Luck was on my side again and I was able to get an extra ball and show off the awesome multiball with all the lights and sounds.

It took me a long time to save for, but I'm glad I decided to get Ghostbusters as my next machine. Looking forward to playing the LE in the next week. Only 5 minutes away from my house.  ^^^

Cheers!
Adam.