Author Topic: Steel Ramp for Twilight zone  (Read 192 times)

Offline Red Series 3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Steel Ramp for Twilight zone
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
Hi I have been offered a project twilight zone but it is missing the steel ramp that goes from the plastic ramp to the left slingshot.
I have not been able to find this for sale anywhere and has made me hesitant about purchasing the machine.
Does anybody have this part?
Thanks

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Steel Ramp for Twilight zone
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »
I unfortunately don't have this ramp, but what you have to consider is that it may take some time (a lot of time possibly and money??) to find a part for a machine. You could be lucky though. So if you take it, be prepared to not being able to play it for whatever time it takes.

Also because you'll be desperate, you may find that you will pay ridiculous prices. I searched for a playfield glass for months (P2000) and nearly paid mega bucks or even imported one, because I was desperate to make my game perfect. Luckily in the 11th hour Mark C got the IPB deal and the PF glass was a reasonable price. I have paid big bucks for things I thought are rare etc etc to find they get mass produced a month later for stuff all dollars. The silly thing is my situations, the game is playable, yours won't be, so what will desperation lead to. What's a pinney that's unplayable? That's what I think you need to consider.

Hope this advise is taken in the right spirit  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Rob is correct, it will be difficult to find one, but if you are getting the TZ at a bargain price go for it.  You would be able to make one from stainless steel wire TIG welded together then polished up (or MIG weld steel wire and chrome dip).

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
try BAA they had them awhile ago
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »

I have a few hundred steel ramps  here and still to come in
might have one but unsure till we sort them out

mark

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
I know that i have recieved very good advice!
I was offered a twilight zone for what i thought to be cheap. I saved my money, but when i checked it out it was missing some parts that i was unsure if they were readily available or replaceable. I thought that if anybody would have one it would be Markc.
SO a cheap twilight zone is worthless or not worth it without the parts to get it going. Oh well. #@# I'll just have to keep working hard and saving my money until the right machine turns up.
Thanks