Author Topic: Williams Pinbot Restoration  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Williams Pinbot Restoration
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:43:16 PM »

Time for an update !

I have been slowly "chipping" away at this machine, and as usual, I find things that I just CANNOT leave alone. The playfield hardware has been tumbled and the resident AP artist has been commissioned to do a little bit of decal work in a wear area, I've been working on the cabinet.

Cabinet

Standard Nifti job here - just strip the hardware and wash. Since the weather has been REALLY warm, it has been easier to get out into the garage and spend some hours getting dirty..

Little bit out of focus, but you get the idea !

Stripped cabinet ;

After a good clean - looks like this ;

Front Door

Inspired by John's CFTBL thread, I decided to have a go at repainting the door. It was in reasonable condition, but it did need some "straightening" as during the machine's lifetime, it must have been broken into. First step was to strip the door, and give it a quick clean and sand ;

A quick spray with a can of Flat Black ;

I painted the door in a Flat Black, but the bolts were painted in a gloss black. After Reassembling the door - I installed it and I was pleasantly surprised !
I cleaned the legs with Windex and 0000 steelwool. After drying in the sun, I buffed with Brasso. New Leg Protectors and legbolts were installed.

The Lockdown Bar was in bad shape - so I used Ranex and green scotchbrite pads - finishing with Windex. The inside of the cabinet is completed ;

^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia