Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80833 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
it's all gone a bit silent, hopefully a few game tweaks including art and securing distributors and should see something soon.

you can see the display panel in the side of the cabinet and the playfield screen is in test mode by the looks

one average picture from
http://www.flipperverein.de/?attachment_id=1027
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Yeah it has gone quiet, thanks for the pic mate.

Interesting no chain toy on it yet, also wonder if the pop up bumpers/spinners are functional on it? Hard to tell from that photo... !@#

Thanks for the updates.

Offline PinballMagazine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
The Full Throttle game is actually being showed this weekend at the German Pinball Championships in Berlin, so that should kill the silence :)
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
SWEET, I hope this goes really well as I am sick to death of Metallica and WOZ, neither which have been released yet  !@#
Too much  !!@ factor in the world at the moment.  OR maybe I should stop reading forums, ha ha  %.%
Looking forward to this manufacturer getting off the ground
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:17:20 PM by oldskool1969 »
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
The Full Throttle game is actually being showed this weekend at the German Pinball Championships in Berlin, so that should kill the silence :)

Excellent, if your going let us know how it looks in the flesh.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

Good to hear, really looking forward to seeing progress on this title as it really has my interest. The website is non existant and i dont have facebook (yes,yes the horror of it all, i dont have facebook).

Is the facebook page updated more than the website?

Anyway any info is good info.  ^^^

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
From their Facebook page

"April 13
Full Throttle to Berlin !! Literally ... 125mph down the autobahn with Full Throttle pinball :-)
Our public debut within the hour..."

"April 2
A HUGE day in the history of our company today....
We have completed on our factory unit.
14,300 square feet of factory & office space
We aim to start production in 2 months time
Lots more news to follow shortly"

"March 20
We have been quiet for the last few weeks, with updates being delayed, but we are making significant progress.
On Monday we are due to move into our new factory and we are planning on releasing many updates, as well as there being detailed articles in Pinball News and Pingame Journal, to coincide.
Thanks for your patience and please watch this space..."

here is a story from March 8th, talks about you setting up a profile online and then this game can interact with the net and you can compare against friends in different areas

http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=D7587242D4C24F48A59309F15CD7DBB0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline PinballMagazine

• Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Pinballnews.com has a report on the German Open and mentions the game + photos.
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
here is the latest info and a game play video

The test game is missing the pop up bumpers and chain drive features as the design is still being fine tuned. Though the game now has playfield plastics with graphics instead of the carbon fibre look

Here is a link to Pinballnews story on Heighway as well as video link. The game looks good and the lcd in the playfield is a nice feature, some of the shots play nice and fast, check the bounce back on the ramps, if it didn't you would have to be fast to control the ball.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index5.html

utoplay=1&rel=0

it also has some pricing at the pinball news which appears to be the European pricing only so I am guessing add $1k to $1.5k for dealer profit line, freight, tax

at a guess:
COMPLETE - cabinet and playfield as a package $5630 Euros = Aus $7159
KIT - cabinet and hardware only is $2550 Euros = Aus $3243
KIT - playfield, translites and software is $3150 Euros = Aus $4006

There will will a LE (250 items only) that will include playfield and trim enhancements, a shaker, and Full Throttle Branded items for approx $1200 Euro = Aus $1525

so this works out with a estimated dealer margin, tax and freight to Aus to be
- LE = $10184 Aus
- Regular = $8659 Aus

I suppose the saving is in getting the next game is at a guess $5000 (including $1k for freight) for the playfield and tranlites averaging your Heighway Games at $13659 for both = $6829 for each game, though the hassle being only one game is playable at a time.

Concept is cool, but the look still feels off and still not a bargain, makes a current new Stern good value for money. Curious what others think.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
I have been watching this closely and have even emailed Andrew about the machine.

I have to say i am a little shocked at the price! I was honestly expecting pricing to be around the Stern Pro range.

Thanks for the update Swinks.  ^^^

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
there was another thread running on pinside that Andrew chimed in and said that (somehow) he is going to reduce the overseas pin prices somehow, all to revealed soon

so for those interested stay in there, in addition I have written to him and he knows of this thread and is a member here so hope he chimes in and he is open to constructive ideas on how to improve any little things where possible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:30:46 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
The actual machine price is close to what i was expecting with out the future 'price bump', tax and shipping.

Interested to see the LE version and the fibre optic neon lighting. I was on the understanding that the LE would have a different screen as well where it projected onto the glass or something to that effect (sorry was not quite sure what it did). Also still wondering if the join in the ramps has a diverter?

Still keen on this machine, just have to wait and see. Would be good to hear Andrews feedback.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
All the latest from PinballNews

New video added as well

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index5.html

Photo of the games LCD which looks unreal below !

Game plays very fast, no pop bumpers added yet, that will make a huge difference. I reckon a pop bumper or two up in the top right corner could work as well. Notice in the video the side of the cabinets art edge flashes different LED RGB colours and the music is also pretty upbeat. Hopefully final cabinet will be gloss black and not matt. Might just be the light. Looking good though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:53:51 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
oops, just noticed swinksy had already added the pinballnews link.   apologies.   was in a rush.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
oops, just noticed swinksy had already added the pinballnews link.   apologies.   was in a rush.

And here i was getting all excited for a new vid and some more info...... %$%