Author Topic: Are pinballs harder to get?  (Read 6422 times)

Offline buzz66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Are pinballs harder to get?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 01:25:13 PM »
Not sure what photo's you guys are looking at but it can't be my pinball machine.
My WW doesn't have one single cable tie.

All 3 looms are hand laced with black Waxed String, each with clove hitch and double reef knot.
Including back Cab and coin door.
Every connector in the entire machine is properly labelled with P touch label maker.

If anyone here thinks they can do the same in under 50 hours then your hands would be bleeding literally.
It's not something you can do in one session.

I'm an Aircraft Avionics Engineer and have been hand lacing Aircraft wiring for the last 30 years.

When my WW doesn't sell, which is quite possible, although at $7,500 in current condition is a far price compared to most
other pinball's currently for sale. Put it this way, if I was in the US and put it up for sale at 5,500 USD it would sell no problem at all.

I would like to trade it for a similar condition Tales of the Arabian nights. Now would be the time before I get to carried away with the Overhaul.
Either way when it's done and not sold or traded it will only ever be played by a serious respective buyer. It will be turned on once everymonth and solonoids and lamps tested via the Menu. Basically it will be a a zero time Mint Condition Machine, and stay that way until traded or sold, sometime in the next 15 years, unless i die in between.
The Cabinet overhaul will start very soon, and the New Playfield swap out including full overhaul will only be done when and if traded or sold.
The machine will very rarely ever see any natural or unnatural light after the Cabinet has been restored.

It will get sold sometime in the next 15 years, that's for sure. You guess is as good as mine as to it's worth when it's 38 years old and like Brand New.