Author Topic: The Pinball Arcade  (Read 92091 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Pinball Arcade
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »
Another high priced machine being released - CC. No release date yet.

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
Looking forward to CC also as I have never played that table either.
Loving the PRO upgrades for the already released tables, this upgrade gives you access to the operators menu( as it utilises the genuine ROM's ) so you can change anything that could be changed on the original game and also the IFPA hints and tips which share some secrets into getting high scores and how to play certain tables for maximum enjoyment.
Such a great overall package and the latest update on PS3 is helping with some of the flipper lag.  @@*
IT'S ALL GOOD!
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2013, 05:55:19 PM »
NEWSLETTER TIME  %.%

Table Pack #12: Cactus Canyon™ and Central Park™ has just been released for iOS, Amazon and Android. These two tables are fantastic and a perfect fit for the Pinball Arcade! The Table of the Month is Harley Davidson™, Third Edition which can be played for free this month.
In addition to the table pack, this update comes with the ability to update all of the tables via a single button and the ability to purchase custom designed ball skins, including the special Twilight Zone ball, the special Star Trek balls and the Eye ball tournament prize.

Cactus Canyon™ is a fun western themed table designed by Tom Kopera and Matt Coriale. Players try to clean up the town of Cactus Canyon before facing a showdown at the OK Corral! You're challenged with gun fights, stampedes and saving Miss Polly. The table features a gold mine with a closeable door, a moving train and a bad guy with a hat that pops off his head.

Central Park™ is considered one of the best-playing classical tables of all time. Central Park features a comical backglass animation of a monkey ringing a bell every 100 points scored. Pinball Hall of Famers consider superior table nudging and target shooting to be essential in mastering this classic table.

Latest Playstation News

We have sent out the Kickstarter Redemption codes to ALL Kickstarter PSN accounts. If you have not received a code and were due one, please email kickstarter@farsightstudios.com.

Pro Pack 1 featuring the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness and Tales of the Arabian Nights went out worldwide on Feb. 20th.

Table Pack 11 (including Attack from Mars and Genie) is scheduled for release worldwide on PlayStation 3 and Vita March 26th.

The Kickstarter Table Star Trek: The Next Generation is scheduled for release worldwide on March 20th.

Bobby King will be posting a big announcement on the PSN Blog today! Come by, check it out, and ask some questions!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

OUYA!

The development of the OUYA version has gone very well and Pinball Arcade is looking good on it. The OUYA is a very cool little device. We have submitted Pinball Arcade to QA. We're both proud and excited at the chance of having our game available from day one of the OUYA's launch!

For more information about the OUYA, please check out their webpage: http://www.ouya.tv/

We're going to DALLAS...

We are excited to be heading off to the Texas Pinball Festival in Dallas.

We'll have a cool new feature for PS3 and something new on iPad to show off along with all of the tables on all of the current platforms.

While we're there, we will also be running some contests! We will have Cactus Canyon up and running on most of the devices and consoles. The top few players each day will get an exclusive Pinball Arcade Cactus Canyon T-shirt!

There will be four chances to earn your shirt. The first contest will run from 6 pm to Midnight. The second one will run on Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm, and another one from 6 to midnight. The final chance to win will be on Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm. Everyone at the show is welcome to join! The contests are free and open to all!

Our booth will be right next to the registration area! Can’t miss us!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

...And MILWAUKEE this March!

If you have a PS3 or PS Vita, when you purchase your Midwest Gaming Classic tickets, include your PSN user name in the comments section of your order, and Show Organizer Dan Loosen will add you to his friends list. The top players for each released table on Dan's PSN friend list with the exception of Star Trek: The Next Generation™ will receive a FarSight Studios shirt and a code to download Star Trek: The Next Generation™ for their Playstation device!

To pre-order your MGC tickets and get playing in the tournament, visit midwestgamingclassic.com/tickets

More information will be posted to Facebook and Pinball Arcade Fans as the date approaches.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Next Month's Tables- Here's a Hint!

We have a table pack coming in April we think everyone will like.

It's opposite day! Table Pack 13 will include a new table that has the opposite of a space theme and a re-released table with a theme that will take you to into the darkness.

Share your guesses on Facebook and we'll announce the tables once the screenshots are ready to post!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »
If you have, had or played a STTNG you will know that it is a great game but very problematic. All the techy blokes I know love the game but refuse to look under the hood as it is a bloody pain in the arse. Steve Richie definitely designed a ball tearer in more ways than one.  *)* . The sound is AWESOME as you put it through a big amp with sub woofer and crank it up LOUD  *%*
Well I just downloaded this on Pinball Arcade for my PS3 and absolutely love it. No fix ups required. I really appreciate the lengths that FARSIGHT studios go to to bring all these very sought after machines to the general populous and thus should be commended.
Still love my real pins, but this is very enjoyable too-you must play on a big screen on a next gen console to really appreciate the detail put into this.
The latest update also fixes the really bad flipper lag on some games.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
 :D I can't believe how many AWESOME titles are coming out on this emulation. Just got Genie which although is always better in the flesh, but it is an absolute blast to play and learn the rules in my own home before I go and set high scores on other peoples machines 
Also Attack From Mars is just as comical and the sweet shots it has are nearly as good as the real thing.
At our usual Monday night meet I over heard someone saying that AFM is very similar to MM, well he copped a bagging  for that statement, but after playing these one after the other, he is dead on. Both designed by Brian Eddy and are very comical, almost identical shots ( have a good look them side by side if you can) and almost identical objectives? I see where he is coming from now.
The PRO upgrade for these tables allows you to tinker with the rules set also, just like opening up the coin door and piss farting around. Bloody Brilliant.  $#$   

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »
I bought the genie/afm pack. Both well emulated, really suprised how much i enjoy playing genie

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:55 PM »
I bought the genie/afm pack. Both well emulated, really suprised how much i enjoy playing genie

Yeah Genie is just a great, highly addictive, try and achieve a high score game. Ball tearer from the era

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
I enjoy Genie I think because it plays nice. it is hard to find one that works well and flippers that are strong and responsive. I don't know if a nib Genie would play as well as the sim though.

slightly off the topic and I don't want to sabotage the thread but I have a old BRONCO sim for the ipad that's plays, looks and sounds like the real deal, but its riddled with bugs and makes it basically unplayable more times than not. would have been a fantastic ap.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:24:51 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
I enjoy Genie I think because it plays nice. it is hard to find one that works well and flippers that are strong and responsive. I don't know if a nib Genie would play as well as the sim though.

You are dead right, a pristine Genie ( or any other title )won't play like this, but it's not bad considering all the tables they have to emulate. Gives you a bloody good feel though.
Interesting on the BRONCO ap, always looking out for new pinball games on different platforms - LOVE EM!!!!!!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
another update and what a firkin AWESOME game WW  #*#

Table Pack #13: White Water™ and Space Shuttle™ has just been released today for iOS, Android, and Amazon. You're going to love these two Williams classics! This update also includes iCade support for your iPad.

The Table of the Month is Attack from Mars™. You can once again play one of the greatest tables ever made and it's FREE!

White Water™ (1993) is yet another awesome Williams table. It's a wild and fast-playing game challenging players with twists and turns down the rapids to Wet Willie's River Ranch. Beware of the flashing hazards shots! The playfield features a distracted Bigfoot and a Whirlpool that swirls the ball down.

Check out our White Water video on youtube:

Space Shuttle® (1984) features a fantastic space exploration theme. It was the first game to feature a playfield toy with a replica of NASA's Space Shuttle. With its great features and out-of-this-world gameplay excitement, this game is a once-in-a-millennium masterpiece!

We've recently discovered that some popular email domains (including hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, att.net and aol.com) have been rejecting any emails sent from FarSight. We apologize for not realizing the severity of the problem- in the last few months there have apparently been a flood of people who never received the responses we sent to their customer support requests.

We are temporarily sending customer responses from a different domain until this issue is resolved. We are committed to exemplary customer service and we apologize if anyone got the impression we weren't listening! Thank you for being patient with us!

Bobby King was interviewed this week by Jeff Strong of pinballarcadefans.com and answered a lot of questions asked by our hard core players. You can check out the interview here:
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4124-Round-2-TPAF-Audio-Interview-With-Bobby-King

Latest PlayStation News

We have begun the process of sending and re-sending Kickstarter voucher codes for our backers requesting the game on PS3 or PSVita. Table Packs 11 and 12 will be released soon worldwide! Stay tuned on our facebook page and the PlayStation blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/) for the exact date.

Is that a PlayStation4 logo? You bet it is! Stay tuned for more details on what will be a new amazing version of our game during the upcoming months.

Latest 360 News

We are doing whatever possible to get the 360 version back on track! We continue to work with the bankruptcy court to get the legal issues with the 360 publisher sorted out, and we remain hopeful that we will be able to release all of the new tables on the 360 soon.

Due to the length of the delays, we are offering to switch kickstarter backer platforms to any platform we support. Please contact us at PinballArcadeStarTrekCodes@gmail.com if you'd like to switch platforms.

Thank you for your continuing support!

We've finally been greenlit on Steam!

We expect to have a new version of the Pinball Arcade available on Steam in a couple of months. Thanks for your patience and for your support in voting for us!

To celebrate, Kickstarter backers who selected the Windows version can expect to be getting a beta build of the Windows version in the next several weeks.

FarSight Studios is once again turning to you to decide a table to add to the Pinball Arcade.

Which Classic Stern pinball table would you like us to release first:
Catacomb (1981)

Flight 2000 (1980)

Galaxy (1980)

Meteor (1979)

Nine Ball (1980)

Seawitch (1980)

Star Gazer (1980)

Trident (1979)

Voting ends on May 1st, so be sure to place your votes before then:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4117-Classic-Stern-Poll-Official-FarSight-Poll

We'd like to offer a big thank you to everyone in Texas and Milwaukee....

What a great turnout for these shows! A huge shout out for everyone in Dallas and Milwaukee for the Texas Pinball Festival and the Midwest Gaming Classic. We really enjoyed meeting and speaking with you. It's also great to hear that y'all really love our game :)

For more information on these great pinball shows visit:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Next Month's Tables - Can you guess?

Nice job on guessing Table Pack 13! The opposite day game was fun.

For Table Pack 14, we've got two greats for you; a Bally and a Williams. Back in the 80s, this Williams table outsold the Bally table by over 4 to 1 according to www.ipdb.org. But... don't discount this Bally classic, there's a good reason why it was a fan favorite.

Share your guesses on Facebook- we'll announce the tables in a couple of weeks!

As always, thank you very much for supporting
the Pinball Arcade!

Please Contact us at Support@PinballArcade.com with any questions regarding our game.

©2013 FarSight Studios, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Gottlieb Development, LLC. All rights reserved. ©Stern Pinball Inc. All rights reserved. BALLY, BALLY (STYLIZED) and the FLYING PINBALL DESIGN are trademarks of Harrah’s Operating Company, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved. WILLIAMS, WILLIAMS (STYLIZED) and the WINGED W DESIGN are trademarks of Williams Electronics Games, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved.

FarSight Studios is located at 611 Spruce Road, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315-2895.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
here is a pic as well
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
Been a while so I thought I better kick this thread in the guts again. Just to piss off the purists who hate this  %.%    STOP THE HATE    *.*

Well Pinball Arcade finally did a table that I actually own, love and can give an honest opinion on how well they did to reproduce.
Dr Dude a classic from the early 90's was emulated and it is done very well, right down to the comical back glass, cabinet and toys. As they use the same sound and game ROMS it makes it a no brainer that this is not only authentic but enjoyable to listen to the GIFT of GAB song. It plays a little faster than the real deal, but I don't care. They truly capture the feel of pinball as good as a video game version and at the cost it is crazy not to have a crack. They even include details like the history of the table and reproduction numbers, original flyers, PRO tips and Tournaments to name just a few extra's

Anyway, as I own a PS3 for playing this game it means I can run it through the home theatre an crank the sound right up and play it on a 50" plasma so you can pick up the smallest detail in the games and appreciate the effort these guys ( FARSIGHT STUDIOS ) go to .

Recently for my platform they have release the classic FIREPOWER, Cactus Canyon and for the old school lovers of EM's CENTRAL PARK, very cool indeed.  $#$

IT IS ALL PINBALL AND IT IS ALL GOOD.  ^^^

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
It plays a little faster than the real deal, but I don't care.

Maybe you need to tilt the angle of your tv back a bit to slow ball speeds *)*

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
Table pack #14 Centaur and Pinbot coming soon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:24:39 PM by Freiherr »
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
Coooooooool, how did I miss that news and what a great video to show it off. Centaur is a frickin AWESOME game and good luck finding one in the wild
Great find and thanks for the post  ^^^