Author Topic: world cup 94 ball keeps spinning  (Read 200 times)

Offline bluedog1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
world cup 94 ball keeps spinning
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
Wondering if any one can offer assistance on why the ball on my worldcup 94 machines keeps spinning anti-clockwise when the machine is turned on.
When I run the test the ball keeps spinning anti-clockwise while other sol tests are being done and then pulses as it should when the anti-clockwise test is being run.
Cheers
bluedog1

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: world cup 94 ball keeps spinning
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
sounds like it is looking for its correct start position.

nino would be the best on this one cause I know he did a few and fully restored them and took everything apart.

til then, do u have a manual for this game. ?  send Nino a PM. He can usually helpout when he logs on.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline bluedog1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »
Thanks
I do have a manual but can't find anything regarding my problem. I will try nino if I can work out how to do that

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:18:38 AM »
Could be a shorted transistor on your driver board or a fault with your motor control board.  If you remove the plugs with the thicker wires from the bottom of your Driver board does the motor stop wen its turned on?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »
Could be a shorted transistor on your driver board or a fault with your motor control board.  If you remove the plugs with the thicker wires from the bottom of your Driver board does the motor stop wen its turned on?

The spinning ball is Q30 on the driver board. J126 pin 7 is the drive signal. If you disconnect this, the spinning ball will stop, indicating a short in the driver transistor. You could measure the transistor Q30 with the game off and compare it with another transistor.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline bluedog1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 12:18:55 PM »
Thanks for your advice guys. I have narrowed it down to the motor control board. the ball keeps spinning even with both direction signal wires disconnected. I'm no electronics whiz but i will try and find a faulty part on it rather than buy a new board. Any suggestions welcome.