Author Topic: tempted to sign up for a Predator pin  (Read 1213 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
tempted to sign up for a Predator pin
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:35:38 AM »
I am tempted to sign up for a predator pin from the states by Skitbpinball, they can change the power supply but my hurdle is importing from the states to here as did this once before and got burnt, any advice or help would be appreciated. Delivery would be later next year as they will have a very small amount ready by Christmas and my number would be in the 200's.

There is only going to be 250 made for $5000 each so not bad really.

Anyone else getting one?
Anyone importing that I can place a pin with a container - if you can help you are more than welcome to come over and give it a good run as would only be a couple max, but quite possibly the only one coming to Aus.

Thread on this pin is here:
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8254.0

web address here:
http://www.skitbpinball.com/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:39:04 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: tempted to sign up for a Predator pin
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »
I think one of our members is getting one but I will let them say so for sure for themselves.
I would like one but I would want to see a finnished game ready to go before commiting any $$$.
It could be a beauty and 5k + shipping and customs fees etc would seem pretty fair.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
I think they are showing the machine off at a show in 2 weeks time with graphics and all - I think.

Also they are only taking names and issuing numbers so they haven't asked for a deposit at all.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:53:57 AM »
I think they are showing the machine off at a show in 2 weeks time with graphics and all - I think.

Also they are only taking names and issuing numbers so they haven't asked for a deposit at all.

Cool, that makes it very tempting indeed but I would be tossing up between this and Avengers for next years new pin purchase.
When will they be asking for a deposit?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »
I would only go for this if I knew what their plans for production were, and if there was a solid timetable for production

I thought Jersey Jack knew what he was doing, but the WoZ production is 12 months behind what I signed on fo

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
This pin also interests me, getting it here will be the hardest part.

Would like to see more on it though.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
I read that between now and Christmas he was going to start getting some machines out and on a podcast a little ago the intention was to have all of them made within 1 year as they are assembling all with a small crew themselves, but subbie out the cabinets, ramps etc.

In the video they stated there is another room not shown suggesting the looks of the machine is damn close including art.

If I went for it I wouldn't want until a little latter to allow for a bit of saving - mid year next year would suit me.

I have sent a email to him to ask about power as that is a decider but he is sending a few to Europe so it must be possible.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
Like you said swinks, there is no deposit required and at this stage it is really only taking names and a number in order to determine interest more than anything else.

Nothing to hold you to it if it doesn't turn out as you expected (or the production timetable goes pear-shaped).

What have you got to lose by putting your name down?  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:57:58 PM by pinsanity »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 10:20:45 AM »
got this from Kevin the morning - stoked.

"Jady,

You wouldn't be the first order from the land down under. We are working on a power supply that will handle the 240v Australian standard, so the foreign games might fall a little behind the American games in the production schedule, but it shouldn't be by much. When the list is full, we are going to send out a mass email to all the buyers from their respective overseas countries and let them communicate with each other on if they would like to add their games to a bulk container or something to save on shipping costs when the time comes.

If you'd like to get in on the pre-order list, all I need from you is the following information:

Name - This will be engraved on a numbered plate on the apron, so make sure it's spelled right and it is the name of the person who will actually receive the game.

Preferred production number - Games will be marked with their production number. If there is a number you'd like to have, like an old high-school football jersey number or something, let us know. It's probably best to include 2 or 3 numbers that you'd like, as these numbers go fairly quickly.

Contact information - An email address is good to have, but a phone number is necessary in this situation.

Where you live - Country, State, City. Full address would be preferred, but isn't totally necessary.

Thanks,

-Kevin"

so placed my name down and happy to wait to mid year next year or a bit later so time to save.

who else is in as would like to join forces with freight even to a common major city (Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney) and I would drive to pickup. send me a PM

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
got my number #215 of 250   @@*

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »
got my number #215 of 250   @@*

Congratulations mate, look forward to hearing more  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Well done it looks like a great game please keep us updated.

Peter <..>

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
theres a couple of em that are coming to brisbane. Mines #77.

Am over there in DC next year for work so might try and look at some shipping options.
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 06:01:03 PM »

Am over there in DC next year for work so might try and look at some shipping options.

I have shipped one before, my issue is a good contact for bringing into the country and would be awesome to bring all the aussie ones in one go to help everyone. If I could team up that would be awesome and happy to pickup from Brissy and drive it home.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »

I have shipped one before, my issue is a good contact for bringing into the country and would be awesome to bring all the aussie ones in one go to help everyone. If I could team up that would be awesome and happy to pickup from Brissy and drive it home.

For sure.  I''ll get a list off Kevin of all the orders coming to oz and contact everyone to see if they want to share some space in an LCL shipment. Problem is I know I will want mine ASAP and will probably get it airfreighted....
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.