Author Topic: Batman Dark Knight  (Read 862 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Batman Dark Knight
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »
Well, what a great weekend. found a Scared Stiff on Saturday and had a few games. VERY nice looking pin, but seemed to lack something IMO. wouldnt mind owning one even for looks alone.

But the biggest surprise was a party at Laser Force for my nephew. In the corner is Batman dark Knight pinball.

VERY nice looking pin. Chucked a few $$$ in it and away we go. Biggest surprise is I LIKE THIS PIN!!!! Seems real easy to keep the ball going - loved the crane feature, multiball was cool and seemed to go on and on. Got to the point where i was wondering when the game would end as i had to get back in and fire some lasers at kids.

Never thought id say this about a Stern machine - but I WANT ONE!!!!!!... So does my son.

Id even consider NIB with this one

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Batman Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:05:51 PM »
There are none locally, and things have been a bit too ugly to get a chance to get to the City to try one of these - but I'm keen. I do object a little to the overly long ball times on recent Sterns - I was playing a Gottlieb System 1 today and the thought just occurred that the majority of (5 ball) games are quicker than a single ball on the most recent game I played from Stern (Spider Man)! I suppose you could always set it to hard for home use.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:32:27 PM »
Ball play is extended due to the fact that the flippers are on par with bally Zipper Flippers.
I watched my son hit both flipper buttons and save the ball between the 2 flippers and back into play. Its a great game and after a Loooong multiball and all 3 balls, id still only scored 40mil.

Not a hard game to play by a long chalk, but lots of fun and looks real good also

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:38 AM »

Batman seems to be one of the better Sterns..

Scared Stiff is a classic Bally Williams and second to CV in my book. Just a fun game, full of character and I keep returning for more..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »
Had a few games at bumper while waiting for spare parts to reopen. Nice looking, I thought it was interesting and fun (from memory) but couldn't work out the go with the spinning thing in the middle with the pic of the joker etc.
The crane was a nice feature. I considered putting the game on my want list NIB but thought $8K there abouts could be spent on other things at the moment.
Still loving my Metallica Premium