Author Topic: Illuminated star posts  (Read 298 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Illuminated star posts
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
I have seen illuminated star posts before, but these boards look very smart, check out the YouTube clip at the bottom showing the flashing function, very cool indeed  *%*

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/starposts/

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Illuminated star posts
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
They look great, but mounted HORRIBLY !! YUK !!  :lol

I played with mounting some leds inside starposts a while back, and happily drilled a 2mm to one side of the main screwmount hole, which allowed me to poke 2 thin wires thru to the underside of the playfield for attachment wherever needed....

That guy could rework his PCB's, and change them simply to the small circle he has, and simply drill 1 or 2 small holes either side of the post-mount, to get his wires underneath...

Unfortunately, not every starpost has a kicker nearby to bring his existing design into practice....

MM.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
I do like the effect of them "pulsing" with the slings, but agree with Marty that they are a bit awkward mounting wise. I suppose its a compromise though, with his method there's no permanent change to the game to upset purists.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
Those damn purists pfffft  @.@ <.> :D !!@ :lol :lol :lol :lol

I just think those small PCB's are Soooo close to the solution, but......  %$%

MM.