Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80819 times)

Offline shaneo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canbraahh
I took delivery of a Full Throttle last week.
Incredible shot range, speed, more speed. There is one shot which I believe to be the fastest in pinball - the "fast lap" shot. It has and killer soundtrack, it's really well themed and LED back lit panels on the side are killer. The light show is also superb as is the artwork package.

The tech inside it what it should be - modern. Same with the cab styling -modern. It's not meant for folks who still think cricket bat can't be aluminium.

Rule set is complex enough without being too hard to remember.
The PF LCD is an absolute nesscesity - that's why it's there. You just don't get a moment to look up at the back box area when you are playing a ball - think MM busy-ness except on a wide body.

It's well built - putting the cabinet work of my "late model" games to shame. The unconventional PF glass and frame grow on you very quickly. It great not needing 1.2m behind all of your games so you can get the glass off - this assembly just lifts up. It is heavy however. Mine is powder coated and will soon be chromed, along with all the trim

An off the shelf commercial 27" LCD panel from Alibaba is the go if you want one up the back but it's really only those not playing the ball who will look at it. I'll get one anyway just to follow the crowd. Plug it into the space HDMI out

It has some teething as do all new games and new manufacturers. All small things which are easily addressed.

Their tech support is outstanding - I've have a couple of these teething probs and they are dang quick and helpful.

This is definitely a game for those not wanting same old remake/reissue/outdated technology - this runs on a Debian distro, the boards are connected via USB cables, there are 2 HDMI port's on the puter'. It has wireless, 2 ethernet ports. There are no micro-switches anywhere except for the shooter lane. It uses a toroidal and and the boardset does not get hot. All boards are in the cab - none up the back.

Honeymoon now over- this is the most fun/fast/cool pinball I've played. Style and substance.

Pricing was a bit over the cost of a Stern Pro model but you are talking apples and oranges - calculator vs computer, and it is far better constructed than any of my modern Sterns. On par with the pre 2006 cabs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:32:22 AM by shaneo »