Author Topic: Heighway Pinball - Full Throttle (Motorbike racing theme)  (Read 80811 times)

Offline shaneo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canbraahh
I've had the game a few weeks now and it's getting dialled in very nicely.
I did have to make plenty of adjustments but no game new or used is ever setup to your own liking.
The game is very sensitive to levels and angles - when it's not quite perfect it's a great game but when it is, the shots just fly and lead on to the next one.
Simple things such as adjusting pop/sling switches, a ball guide adjustment. Mandatory flipper adjustments and de-slopping of a couple of coils was also in order.
One of the USB hubs was not adequately fixed to it's mount and one of the USB cables just would not sit right.
Next is get the dang black rubbers off and replace with white. Then the thing will be insanely fast.

I had an IO board fail when updating it and have had to send it back to the UK for diagnosis. It's a bummer as it means a 1/4 of the playfield has not lamps/coils/switches but sometimes things fail.
These boards are PIC32 based and we think it may be stuck in update mode. I did suggest they (Heighway) SSH into the Utilite (the industrial Linux box it uses) and see if they could diagnose remotely but I didn't have the time to set that up with the current work sched so it was shipped last week. These Utilites are very cool with 2*HDMI, 6 USB' card readers etc.

The game is very sensitive to levels and angles - when it's not quite perfect it's a great game but when it is, the shots just fly and lead on to the next one. The shot angles however, are unconventional but when they flow, you really appreciate the engineering and design principles which underpin pinball.

When you raise the PF there is no mass of spaghetti wiring. Everything goes to it's local IO board then to the Utilite and back via USB. Of course there are power requirements for the coils/lamps/etc but they are distributed from the 4 IO boards.

For all it's greatness, it has makes the other games, such as Acca, feel like a toy and the wide bodies feel clunky and slow (and they sure are not). Unfortunately the others just won't get played much anymore with this monster in the room.

KBR - nothing is leaving just yet, but I was tempted. Suggest you swing past one evening this week and we'll make our arms feel like they are going to drop off.