Author Topic: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania  (Read 11290 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
So some figures from the USA.

Anyone can buy the following pins from almost every Stern Dealer for these amounts

Star Trek Pro $5495
Mustang Pro $5495
The Walking Dead Pro $5495
Metallica Pro $5495

Most say free shipping to various parts of the USA.
Shipping is usually apx $300 in the USA so I am going to leave the shipping price on so you don't have to buy the machine on a special new MasterCard or some other offer that is required to get potential free shipping within USA.

So the cost of the game is USA $5495 plus $300 ship which totals $5795.

Take $5795 and add 20 percent to the price to get it into perspective with our shitty Aussie dollar.
$5795 now becomes $6954 Australian.

Add Apx $550 Aussie to import/ship/tax/insure plus add mandatory Govt duties and shipping to AMD and you now have $7504. Say $7500.

These are approx figures thrown together using the figures I can find on Ebay USA and my experience of bringing in machines from USA. I could be spot on, I could be off by 10 percent.

So the cost AMD wants is $7850. My guesstimate cost is $7500.
The other factor to consider is that all the USA Ebay pricing ranges from $5495 to $5795 to start with. I took the lowest figures to begin with. If I started with the later figure our Australian price would have reached apx $7850.

So we are not getting ripped,  we seem to be paying pro-rata what we should be given the overseas prices.
It's the Australian dollar. What can u do ?

Negotiate hard when dealing with the good people at AMD.
Get a shaker motor and a set of rails thrown in. That's about $400 worth of retail product. Doesn't hurt to ask.
The pricing is hard to swallow at first for the Pro models but my math tells me it's where all the variables say it should be.

Anyone think my quik calculation sounds about right ??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:03:40 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !