Author Topic: Hey Melbournites, where did all the red rattlers go? (Red Trains)  (Read 2880 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
yes they were the good old days.

and damien was there from 86.
he was a good tech back then.

the last red rattler ran in 1984

when i used to catch these old trains i would play games at flash back like black hole, rocky, haunted house.

then in the years after i would catch the old blue trains, silver trains and the new silver and orange trains (back then they were new) to my work at 10/4 and flash back.

good old 10/4 had 2 levels of pins.

before i was working there for pay i would go around and clean all the glasses on the video games and pins and was given 30 to 40 free games each time on various video games (they couldn't give me games on the pins because there was no service credit button and it would have put the coin count out if they gave me games on the pins)

i then started working at 10/4 in 86, spending most of my time in the upstairs change booth (evening shift). i would also come in 1 morning a week to help with emptying the money from all the games.
I was then moved to flashback by the area manager. aparrently there was money going missing so they decided to sack everyone that worked there (accept the manager) so i was moved to flash back so i wasn't sacked.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)