Author Topic: Introducing Pinballahq  (Read 2336 times)

Offline pinballahq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
Re: Introducing Pinballahq
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »
Hi everyone,
Well, it may come as a bit of a disappointment to some but I don't have the room to set up 40 games either. The practicalities mean that most of the games are in storage or slowly being re-built in the workshop.

Here's a couple of photos of my games room (if I can get the attachment thingy to work)

When my wife and I started collected games a decade ago, we made the decision to buy the games that we wanted when they were available, almost always in a non-working condition. As such, we bought alot of games early on and basically stockpiled them for future restoration. Sometimes you just don't know if you will every get the opportunity to buy the right game in good condition ever again. In recent years, we have bought very few games.

In hindsight this has proven to be a good strategy. In the last 10 or 11 years I have noticed that game availability has decreased significantly, the quality of project games has gone down while the prices have gone up significantly. Gone are the days of buying a 70's Gottlieb EM or Bally SS game not working for $100 - $200.

I don't like to restore our games to as new condition. Less is more to me. I like then to look their age but are clearly very clean low mileage original condition games. Yes, I do have a handful of project games that are in a very sad state and will need full cabinet rebuilds and resprays. This is a necessity, but not my preference.

Some of the games in our collection:

Pinballs - South Park, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, LAH, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Getaway, Firepower 2, Pharaoh, Haunted House, Howzat x 2, Gorgar, Fathom, Paragon, Speakeasy, Eight Ball, Countdown, Buck Rogers x 2, Hulk, Joker Poker EM, Gemini, Atlantis, Volley, Centigrade 37, Aztec, Doodle Bug, Captain Fantastic, Disco Fever, Hootenany, Beat the Clock, Captain Kidd, Duette.

Gun Games - United Pirate Gun, CC Safari, Midway Twin Pirate Gun, Combat Gun (Japanese make)

Jukebox - Seeburg KD200

Video - Tatio Space Invaders Part 2

Enjoy!

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »
Welcome Anthony. $.$ Bet you could teach us a thing or 2 around here with your wisdom as a collector. Good to see you posting at last.  $#$
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
Nice one, Anthony! Excellent strategy to collect before they become too popular; I wish I had thought of that.

Thanks for the pictures of the gamesroom.

Marty Machine

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »
Welcome aboard,

Not sure if we call Anthony 'Tony', or Tony 'Anthony' hehehehe .... i'm soo confewsed.  ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 08:32:09 PM »
Welcome aboard,

Not sure if we call Anthony 'Tony', or Tony 'Anthony' hehehehe .... i'm soo confewsed.  ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

No he is Anthony and me the brother in law is Tony, we have been mixed up during the years especially when we both had mullets in the late 80s  :lol

Hey that gamesroom looks familiar - you should of added pix of the garages - that is very interesting also  *%*

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
Great collection   ^^^