Author Topic: Gday everyone,Another newbie!  (Read 2736 times)

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Gday everyone,Another newbie!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
yeah Vic is the pinball brothel of australia
 !^!  %.%
I 2nd that
and  $.$ and  %)%

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
Good to have a few more Sydney peeps joining, although it seems Victoria is the pinball capital of Australia ;)

With the amount of parts coming in, you would give Melbourne a chance at pinball capital of the world...

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
G'day Bill & welcome aboard mate.

Good to have a few more Sydney peeps joining, although it seems Victoria is the pinball capital of Australia ;)
$#$thanks for the welcome ,yeah your right its all happening down there ,I am into the older 40,s -70,s electros....I have a question ,have u ever knocked the playfield light iserts out? I am restoring a gotlieb 4 square with sunken inserts ,& wondering if they crack if u whack them from underneath. ^&^
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
You should be able to gently tap them out from underneath without any issues....

Another cool game you have there!

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
Welcome aboard, great time to get involved in the forum with so many parts coming in to the country, Pinball Museum on the go, and a couple of new pinball machines being built by the Coconut Island guys.
$#$gday aj , thanks for the welcome ,who are the coconut island guys ,& have they got a production pinball machine? ....bill !@)
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
Welcome aboard, great time to get involved in the forum with so many parts coming in to the country, Pinball Museum on the go, and a couple of new pinball machines being built by the Coconut Island guys.

$#$gday aj , thanks for the welcome ,who are the coconut island guys ,& have they got a production pinball machine? ....bill !@)

Basically they are a couple of backyarders from Geelong, one of whom has designed a pinball control system in Visual Basic. It uses a standard PC as the controller, and from memory it uses some sort of video gaming switch matrix to interface with the playfield.

They have built one pinball machine to date out of secondhand parts, entitled 'Coconut Island'. It debuted earlier this year at the Pinball Expo in Sydney.

They now have another two machines on the go. One is themed Ghosts 'n' Goblins, the other is still under wraps.

No one is doing production machines at the moment apart from Stern.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
G'day Bill, I'm one of the CI guys, Nug is the brains but doesn't get on line too much. Pretty much what Andrew said, we're working on another couple of games, NPC-002 and Ghost 'n Goblins.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
Welcome!

$.$   

J.D   #*#   #*#   #*#
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
G'day Bill, I'm one of the CI guys, Nug is the brains but doesn't get on line too much. Pretty much what Andrew said, we're working on another couple of games, NPC-002 and Ghost 'n Goblins.
$#$G,day pinnie ,Wow that is amazing that u guys had the brains & the enthusiasm to create your own machine.did u use flippers & pop bumpers off donor machines?...Is it a modern type layout? or have u used older bally ,williams st ^^^yle parts?...bill
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
You should be able to gently tap them out from underneath without any issues....

Another cool game you have there!
  $#$thanks for the tip ,I had a bit of a go at it before work this morning,I used one of the outlane inserts,I put a bit too much glue on ,so i worked out ,just a little glue & that should do it,all the inserts have sunken a couple of millimetres ,so i added them all up 40 inserts altogether,re-gluing them should keep me out of trouble for a month!....bill !!@
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 10:45:39 PM »
yeah Vic is the pinball brothel of australia
 !^!  %.%
I 2nd that
and  $.$ and  %)%
&^&gday spur ,thanks for the welcome!...bill *%*
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »

Basically they are a couple of backyarders from Geelong, one of whom has designed a pinball control system in Visual Basic. It uses a standard PC as the controller, and from memory it uses some sort of video gaming switch matrix to interface with the playfield.

They have built one pinball machine to date out of secondhand parts, entitled 'Coconut Island'. It debuted earlier this year at the Pinball Expo in Sydney.

They now have another two machines on the go. One is themed Ghosts 'n' Goblins, the other is still under wraps.

No one is doing production machines at the moment apart from Stern. %$%gday aj, that sounds unreal ,I went to the sydney expo ,I did not notice that coconut machine, although the hall was packed with pushy ,sydneysiders....So obviously the guys have been working on these machines for quite a while... $#$
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 11:56:51 PM »
Which day did you go to the Expo?

Coconut Island was only there for one day - the Saturday. So you may have missed it if you only attended on the Sunday.

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »

Coconut Island was only there for one day - the Saturday. So you may have missed it if you only attended on the Sunday.
$#$I went to the expo on the saturday ,& it was chockers. It sucked waiting to play a game ,I went to the 3day Texas U.S.A ,expo & found it very organized.Gary stern had a seminar on his business,it was cool ,u could ask him anything about stern pinball.He only looks forward when talking pinball, as a few people were asking about releasing some retro style pins ,(but he wouldnt have a bar of it) ,he only wants his business moving forward.  (((
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »

$#$I went to the expo on the saturday ,& it was chockers. It sucked waiting to play a game ,I went to the 3day Texas U.S.A ,expo & found it very organized.Gary stern had a seminar on his business,it was cool ,u could ask him anything about stern pinball.He only looks forward when talking pinball, as a few people were asking about releasing some retro style pins ,(but he wouldnt have a bar of it) ,he only wants his business moving forward.  (((

Yeah, sounds like you came in later in the morning or in the afternoon. Early Saturday morning you could actually get on games straight away. Coconut Island was over near the RHS wall as you looked toward the front of the hall, and it was next to the AP stand.

There is no doubt the response to the Expo was bigger than expected! I imagine they might try for a larger venue and more machines on the floor next time.