Author Topic: iPad auto correct  (Read 1851 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
iPad auto correct
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
Sorry guys but I need to vent a little. I use an iPad to do all my posts now and I really get pissed when it does it's pre-emptive,auto correction crap on me all the time.

Most of the time it's not because I'm typing badly but the iPad misses a lot of my key strokes. But I get sick of posting and then finding half the shit I'm trying to convey means jack.

Even posting this has required dozens on over types, but I feel better now. Thanks
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: iPad auto correct
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »
I wish the iPads / iPhones would not make the change unless you choose to accept it. It irritates me that it they are currently set to assume that the suggestion is correct, and then change it unless you decline the suggestion. ^.^

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:32:07 PM »
Thanks guys - yet another reason not to buy Apple P'sOS.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
Thanks guys - yet another reason not to buy Apple P'sOS.
Tablets have their place for the lazy man who can't be bothered to walk up to their pc and boot it up. I am one of the lazies and probably deserve this annoyance  %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »

I had an iphone early on (a 3) and I hated it for specifically that and a number of other problems. I've been using Android now for a couple of years for phone without an issue, and recently got a Nexus 7 that is simply fantastic for the price (under $300). Everything synced up with my google account simply by giving it my gmail addy.

Bought my wife a new iphone for Christmas as she hated the Android phone, but she really likes the way the Apple does most things for her (not that well, but well enough). Anyway, the girls have Ipods now and help my wife out of trouble mostly!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:46:30 AM »
i hear you mate, bloody annoying, and a pain in the arse to go back and fix up. Hold your finger there gently move it into the right spot whoops too far forward, whoops too far back  ^&^ need a set of directional keys

Offline tura67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Holland / the Netherlands
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:52 AM »
To turn auto correct off:

1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard

2. Touch Auto-Correction -> OFF

%$%
Pins: SS, T2, LOTR           Gone: Dr Who

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
I use a iPad to post, will no be changing this setting thanks for your tips  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
iPads/iPhones are a little like women. When you try to level with them, they try to anticipate what you're going to say, get it totally wrong and you end up cracking the shits  %.% lots