Author Topic: Gottlieb Genie Restore  (Read 962 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Genie Restore
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

Headbox

Everything is stripped out of the Head and washed with nifti and water. Once dry, I used the buffing wheel to polish up all the removed parts. For the stainless steel backing, I use Windex. All the screws etc are tumbled, and if need be buffed. The lightbox board is cleaned and all the sockets are individually cleaned internally.

Close up of the door locking assembly

Lightbox is also cleaned and installed

Front Door

Few tricks here. The door frame is washed with Windex and a tooth brush. If it is a bit dull, I use brasso and another toothbrush to get it looking a bit brighter. Then use a piece of thin cardboard, with a thin rag and run it along each individual groove. I don't buff up the frame as it is not meant to have a high shine. I use windex and 360 wet/dry sandpaper with the grain to re grain the door parts - as in the door skin. I've just popped in into position to see how it will look

Inside the door, I use windex to wash all the parts and brasso for the shine. Takes time, but looks great when done. Here's a progress picture.

Here's what the inside of the door should look like when done.

The Headbox Border

The owner had the headbox surround matched and repainted. Came up real nice. I cleaned and polished the fittings and installed it. Very straight forward.

The displays were cleaned and installed, and that REALLY NICE backglass in CAREFULLY fitted. As you can see - it is an absolute ripper..

Progress picture - All the fittings are in place, so the cabinet is mostly complete and looks great. Next is the total rebuild of the playfield.

:D

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia