Author Topic: Gottlieb Genie Restore  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Genie Restore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 10:45:37 PM »

Ahh yes, that magic wear spot that is evident on almost all Genie machines I've seen !

I bought mine from the states - from the same place Paul did - I believe his name is David Shulpius ? Top quality replacement for this type of work - for those of us that cannot do touch up work !

Now this playfield had very good mylar still intact - it was not removed. For this section, I remove some of the mylar carefully. Enough so I can place the decal over the area FLAT. The area is sanded flat and cleaned - so here is where we start ;

Here is the only picture I have of the decal - Not a very good one, but you can see the outline faintly.

Here is the decal in position. It was a little bit out - but hardly noticeable. I placed a sheet of mylar over the top of the decal, right on the edge of the existing mylar. This created a level. It was hard to cut and position - and you only have one take at doing this ! Luckily, it worked out well for me and you cannot tell that there is a decal and mylar over the top.

Finished result - More then pleased with the results !

Here's some photos of the playfeld. Notice the spot targets are missing ? I have not installed them as yet, as I needed to borrow a rivet press to place the new target faces. MarkC leant me his !

Pascal PI-X4 All in One Board

This arrived very early on in the project. All pins were replaced - Thats ALL OF THEM ! The time I spent doing this was of great benefit. The machine has worked "trouble free" since I delivered it !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia