Author Topic: White Water or Fishtales  (Read 1699 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: White Water or Fishtales
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:30:10 AM »
Yeah i can see everybody's point of view in regards to these machines.
I find the appeal of fishtales in the simplicity of its design. There is no under playfield, only two flippers, three bumpers, it is simple for anybody to have a game and enjoy themselves. Unless you have completed all the jackpots and got the super jackpot i don't think you can say there is no depth to the game. Oh and the scene where you get to put your name in the high scores on a deserted beach with palm trees is cool

Whitewater is a hard game. Most people will drain balls very fast and I have never seen a ball save on a whitewater which is very frustrating. But once you start to make the ramp shots it really becomes fun, the first time i made the insanity falls shot was filth. I have had a great time playing it and am no where near getting the vacation planner jackpot.

I recently saw an average condition fishtales sell on Ebay for $1666 in Aus and i thought to myself i should have bought that. But i had no chance to inspect prior to the auction so i did not bid.

I personally think that the games that are not based on a popular license have had more time/money spent on development and are usually better games. A great comparison is Revenge from Mars to Star Wars Episode 1 with RFM being a much better game.

I appreciate all the help and information.

The home Rom LH-6 has a ball saver and a few other cool things too.

I really could not get into FT, I tried have played many games but never enjoyed playing.

WH20 on the other hand grabbed me immediately, heaps of ramps, fast flowing shots and a very deep ruleset to keep you interested. 

I don't think WH20 is overated, but now seems to be getting a bit more popular for some reason