Author Topic: White water problem - dead bumpers and slingshots  (Read 251 times)

Offline ricindahunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
White water problem - dead bumpers and slingshots
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »
G'day Lads,

I have just been slapping a few balls on white water when I discovered both slingshots and jet bumpers had died. I shut her down and checked connections both under the playfield and in the back box. The manual pointed me towards the connector on the powerboard being J107. I wriggled it and wiggled it but no dice. I looked at the fuses and they appear to be OK, but honestly I dont even know which one and whether or not they are OK. I am a novice in every respect so any hints would be flash. I figure it must be simple but need a point in the right direction. Any ideas?????

Cheers,

Rich........................................................

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: White water problem - dead bumpers and slingshots
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
Reseat both J107 & J127.  By re-seating this means to remove the connector about 3/4 of the way off, then push it back down.  Do it about half dozen times.

Check fuse F104.  Carefully remove one side and check with multimeter.  If its blown, ensure you put the correct rated fuse back in it.

I would visually inspect the wires for the coils on all pop bumpers and slings too.

Generally fuses blow for a reason.  If it blows again, time to dig a bit deeper.

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »
you can get fuse out using a flat blade screw driver .. make sure the pinball is turned off of course

if you don't have a multimeter to test the fuse with you could just replace it, jaycar or maybe dick smith will have them, take the old fuse in with you if you want or write down its value (it will be stamped on the fuse or listed in the manual). The problem might only be a fuse which would cost you about $1 to fix

Offline ricindahunting

• Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
Thanks Lads,

Very, very, very much appreciated. It's bloody nice to know that help is only just around the corner and for a Green horn like me its yet another case of getting me out of the excrement. It was very simple being fuse 104. Whilst it looked good visually it was not until I pulled it out that I could see it had blown under the cap.

Thanks again lads,

Rich........................................................

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »
Great news Rich...

Always best practice to check the fuses either half out or fully out.  A visual inspection has caught most of us out at one time or another!

:D

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
Good one Rich and the guys who helped out.  ^^^

Hey Rich, we'll have to catch up/meet seeing we practically live around the corner from each other

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ricindahunting

• Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »
I was in Dogde city yesterday Dave! Be good to catch up with an experienced Pinhead. I have met a couple of people now and communicated via the forum and I can say its been a pretty good journey.

Catch ya,

Rich..........................................