Author Topic: white water not holding river bonus  (Read 163 times)

Offline pokermachine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
white water not holding river bonus
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:06 PM »
Hey all,
just stripped and cleaned my wh20... thanks to all who have posted threads on this as i found them very helpful.

Now for the problems....
I have installed the LH6 rom which holds the river bonus and from memory it was... now on a drained ball resets the bonus... any ideas????

Machine is not registering the spine chiller ramp... the switch at the start works but from the look of the manuals there is supposed to be some optos of the top of the ramp... did i forget to re install them and they floating under the mini playfield somewhere or is it something else... dont want to pull whole mini playfield off if thats not it!!!

I installed a new spine chiller ramp, now when i go up the left side up the boulder garden lane every now and again the ball jumps up in the air and hits the exit of the new ramp!! my boulder garden insert is a bit raised but before the clean this never happened... in fact the whole machine was 100% before the clean

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated  *%*

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: white water not holding river bonus
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »
You only get 'hold bonus' when a number (can't remember how many) of disaster drop shots are made.  Otherwise it always resets after a drained ball.

There are definately a pair of optos at the top of the left ramp.  Switch number 66 going by the manual.

Offline pokermachine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: white water not holding river bonus
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »
Ah, thanks for the reply!!!
Just tried out your theory and yes after 6 disaster drops the bonus was held but on the next ball reset again.... guessing this is the game rules then??? basically you get 2x balls to get 6x river bonus if you go up disaster drop 6 times... if you fail vacation jackpot is almost out of the question... would have thought once you hold a bonus it stays the whole game...

while testing this my spine chiller optos have decided to start working again!!!! my thought was at the end of the ramp must be where they are supposed to be placed and i forgot to install them but the ramp must use the optos just behind big foot and they were not registering... maybe dirty or on the way out....

does anyone think a raised plastic insert of 1/2mm would make the ball jump 3cm in the air or is there another reason the ball could jump to the end of the disaster drop ramp... maybe a jamming roll over wire?? seems fine when i touch it tho..