Aussie Pinball Forums > Circuit Board Repair Guides

Wpc 89 board Display Corruption..

<< < (2/7) > >>

Homepin:
I'm also going with cables - they are 20 years old and this type of cable gets pretty flaky when unplugged/plugged a lot.

A new set isn't expensive - I would start there.

TUF-427:

--- Quote from: Homepin on February 12, 2014, 08:14:26 AM ---I'm also going with cables - they are 20 years old and this type of cable gets pretty flaky when unplugged/plugged a lot.

A new set isn't expensive - I would start there.

--- End quote ---

Agreed , First thing I tried was a full set of ribbons from a known working machine,also a display driver board,then a display,All to no avail !@#

So Swapped Mpu boards and Fault was transferred to new Machine, And Faulty one works fine with the other Machines Mpu..

So its Pointing towards THe Mpu....

So Far I have changed U 1-2-3 which are a pair of 74LS244 and 74LS245, and Reseated Processor chip and Asic and Game roms been swapped a few times..

beaky:
I did a repair on a board that had a broken pin on one of the ribbon cable headers,
it was broken below the plastic so it still stayed in place.
if the asic chip doesn't fix the problem then i would be beeping all the pins on the headers (parts side) to the relevant pins on U1, U2 and U3 to make sure you don't have a broken trace or pin.

TUF-427:

--- Quote from: beaky on February 13, 2014, 11:06:03 PM ---I did a repair on a board that had a broken pin on one of the ribbon cable headers,
it was broken below the plastic so it still stayed in place.
if the asic chip doesn't fix the problem then i would be beeping all the pins on the headers (parts side) to the relevant pins on U1, U2 and U3 to make sure you don't have a broken trace or pin.

--- End quote ---

Good call Andrew, I think ive probaby already belled most of them when I did the sockets for U1-2-3 ICs but wont hurt to recheck.. ^^^

Marty Machine:
So, did a new mpu fix it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version