Author Topic: Now THIS is a car built for speed!  (Read 8229 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Now THIS is a car built for speed!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
No doubt the cars he has collected are important to a segment of the Australian regional motor racing history but I am not sure exactly how popular they would be on a global level.

Well yer but we arent talking about another country here, We are talking about Bowden and his collection here in Australia.
And Australians over all are proud of our racing history and rightly so, you here the stories of the golden days of Aussie racing and its great being able to see those cars in their glory
yes he did pay nicks for some of the original cars but that era our race car drivers modified ex taxi's and ex police cars and turned them into some of the most Iconic v8 monsters of race history on tiny budgets then they were recycled when finished, and some luckily saved.

And yes you are having ago at Bowden and you dont have to buy his pack to visit his Collection, he does offer a premium pack with entry if you wish.
Ive been to his Museum on three separate occasion with my car club and we didnt have to buy a pack, we also had Dick Johnson running the tour with Bowden
and we had a fully catered day out which was bloody fantastic. He shows old race video's of the car he is showing you and made you walk out with a tonne of knowledge about those cars.

A few of the guys in our club were even building replica's of some of Dick Johnson's race cars and a GT and he allowed them to go over those with a fine tooth comb so those replicas could be as correct as possible.
Ive met the guy and he is a good genuine guy if you havent met him I think you should reserve judgement till you have

So if any one is interested it is well worth looking at his collection it is also very well worth taking the tour of Dick Johnsons collection and his speed shop at Yatala next to the drive ins.

I dont know why you keep mentioning regional? I live on the Goldcoast and V8's and Muscle cars are just as popular here as they are any where else and seeing Ferrari's and Lambo's is common enough that when a car show is held on the coast here the Brock Torana or Allen Moffet GT takes center stage over them simply due to the connection to them.

I dont know why exotic collectors always think they are above the others who collect muscle cars and Iconic race cars.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:31:50 PM by guyricho »